Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to this forum, just got this car in Oct. 2019. It has been completely trouble free up till this week. I started throwing the code P2004 and I understand this is the Intake Manifold Runner Control stuck open.I have the sluggish power that comes with the code and it usually only throws it after a bit of a drive. But I have been looking for the part replacement for this car under the IMRC and can't seem to find a part that fits the Nismo Engine. Also, can anyone point out where this part is located on the engine? I have been scanning diagrams and can't seem to find it anywhere. I am not new to doing car repairs but I am new to this car. I have a Nissan Skyline, 350z, 370z and a 180sx, so I know Nissans. This is my new daily driver/winter car because I am sick of getting salt all over my other ones. If anyone else has had this issue and had it fixed or fixed it themselves tell me all about it. I also found this link (P2004 Nissan - Tumble Control Valve Stuck) online, which just confused me a bit more and I am not sure if it is relevant or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Can you clear the code and does it come back ?

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Also what year etc Juke?

It is a cheap part so its easy to replace.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You have a V2 engine, that code comes up when either the valve itself is bad or the physicals tumbler device inside the intake manifold is junk. If my memory recalls correctly, the valve is located under the intake manifold and requires removing the manifold to get to it. It has been about a year since I had a v2 in the shop though, and nissan does not sell the valve by itself, they sell it with the intake manifold.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
I found it online but yeah I was thinking it was the Gen 1 Boost control solenoid when I saw the valve then realized I was in a 2015 shop manual to find the P2004 code.

Its like my dishwasher middle spinner arm. It needs a new gasket. You gotta buy the whole arm. LOLOL $54 for a $2 part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts