Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend just purchased a new 2016 Juke S, but this model is unlike the others we drove in that it does not seem to have the standard gauges. After consulting the manual it appears that this is a Type A panel where the gas meter is displayed along the top instead of both the gas and coolant temp gauges being displayed along the sides. Is there any way that any of you know of to switch to a temperature gauge or is that somehow omitted from this model? It seems very strange to me that there is no way to monitor the coolant temp in this vehicle, and makes me nervous. The picture below is what my gauge panel looks like as compared to the one most of you are familiar with.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I poked around the 2016 Juke owner's manual and you're right. I couldn't find anything about an engine coolant temp gauge, at least not under the Instruments and Controls section. Why in the world would they leave that out?

I'm not aware of any temp gauge for the Type A panel but if you are REALLY worried about warming your engine on a cold day, I have a couple of suggestions:

1) Use your heater vents to tell if your engine is warm. If you set the temperature to 80F and the vents are blowing cold air, the engine isn't warm enough. If the air is slightly warm, then the engine is warm.
2) CVT only: If you drive with a cold engine (after giving the engine a min to get the oil flowing) and CVT feels like its stuck in 1st gear while in Drive, the engine isn't warm enough. The engine coolant heats the transmission fluid so if the engine coolant isn't warm enough, then the CVT fluid isn't warm enough and you're stuck in 1st gear.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Other Nissans that don't have a temp gauge use blue and red warning symbols on the cluster. The blue temp icon is on when engine is cold and goes off once warm. The red one comes on when overheating. Hence the meaning for idiot lights.

·
Registered
774 Posts
That's really odd. On a new car it doesn't really matter, but whoever owns your Juke in 20 years might have a bad day where it's overheating and they need to watch the temp closely.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have a 2015 Juke base model and it has the old gauges with coolant temperature which IMO is nice to have, the S model I think is the base model in the States so Nissan must of ditched the coolant temp gauge, I wonder if it is just the base model Nissan did that to or the whole Juke lineup? My 2013 Civic Si also does not have a coolant gauge either.
I think if you use the Torque Pro App you can get the coolant temperature that way so atleast that's an idea.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
It may not have a temp gauge, but it does have the Alcantara hood over the gauges.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Other Nissans that don't have a temp gauge use blue and red warning symbols on the cluster. The blue temp icon is on when engine is cold and goes off once warm. The red one comes on when overheating. Hence the meaning for idiot lights.
Omg that's hilarious. Seriously, is a temp gauge that difficult to read that they had to simplify it down to two lights? If someone can't read the temp gauge, what about the fuel gauge??

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed no moon roof or temp gauge on my 2017 Nismo. I just stop every few miles and stick my finger in the radiator. Exercise, accurate temp measurement. Win/win..

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016 SL. From all the videos of the instrument cluster there was a gauge (type B), one of the reasons I wanted the SL, because of the gauge, I thought. Are they not in usa or where are they?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
@tdk the North American Juke has the temperature gauge on the left side of the LCD panel right in the middle of the gauge cluster. It's opposite the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That was my expectation because all videos of the SL instrument cluster had it that way (the Type B cluster), but in the owners manual it shows 2 types, A and B and both say "if so equipped", no explanation of which SL's have a Type B. I bought the car anyway because I had been looking for one and low mileage. However, frustrated with Type A, no temp gauge, instrument panel. Does anyone know how it was decided which ones got it and which not?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
That's interesting. I guess I never looked that hard at the manual. I've only ever seen the Type B cluster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know what you mean, I would not have had I not been trying to find why mind didn't have a temp gauge

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If you didn't notice it during your test drive before purchase, then it's probably a minor inconvenience. I'm on year 8 of my 2012 SL AWD and that temp gauge has never been of any actual diagnostic use. Always solid temp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is 2016 SL. mfg 9/2015....sold to first owner 5/2016, no temp gauge Type A instrument cluster

1 - 18 of 18 Posts