Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the battery in my Juke 2 days ago. CAA put it in for me. It is very cold in Ottawa since Wednesday last week. While I was trying to start the car with the old battery a buzz/static noise started. It is still there and goes on when I’m not using the car. Then CAA guy who installed the new battery couldn’t figure out what it is. There are no warning lights on on the dash. Besides being so friggin cold here. My Dealership car service department
isn’t open on Saturday due to Covid and this is a long weekend here so I can’t book an appt til Tuesday. Meanwhile the noise continues even when the car isn’t running. And I don’t know if it’s running down the new battery! Help!
Any ideas from anyone?
Marilyn

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
138 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum. Is there anyway you could make a recording of the noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried. But my car is in a semi-enclosed parking garage.
Hello, welcome to the forum. Is there anyway you could make a recording of the noise?
I tried but replaying it just sounds like static
which is what it sounds like. It seems to be coming from the dashboard under the steering wheel. I don’t have the confidence to start pulling fuses. I was hoping someone might have had the same problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is the dealer in walking range? Drive it there and leave it there until Tuesday. If not drive it today and tomorrow to help keep it charged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
p.s.
At least I can plug the car in if I keep it at home.
Update
I looked at YouTube and thought I’d try to get the fuse boxes out. I could hear the noise as I approached the car. So I thought I’d warm up the car. When I turned it off the noise stopped except for a bit of a buzz then it stayed off. Same when I tried again. Now the dash temperature said -5 as opposed to -20 on Sat and Sunday. So I didn’t have to try the fuses after all. And I sure hope that’s it!
Thanks everyone.
Marilyn

·
Administrator
11,781 Posts
Remember that the BCM/IDPM fuse box next to the battery has a lot of fuses used in the Juke. Just pulling fuses might get you somewhere or into trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts