Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
Nissan Connect is terrible. Dont use it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for the sequence to get into the service menu for the touch screen for my 2016 Juke. Yes, the Nissan Connect app and software sucks. Probably why they are discontinuing it. But I need to access the service menu so I can attempt to update the unit. Thanks.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
I believe the owners manual has the radio key press sequence to do that.

· Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS 6spd / 2J-FBO / Mamba 21TK / 290 WHP 20psi
29 Posts
Looking for the sequence to get into the service menu for the touch screen for my 2016 Juke. Yes, the Nissan Connect app and software sucks. Probably why they are discontinuing it. But I need to access the service menu so I can attempt to update the unit. Thanks.
My 2016 Nismo RS radio would randomly restart, there's a firmware update for it. All the dealerships were given a USB drive with the update. I had to take mine in to the dealer and have it done which for me was free of charge. I couldn't find the update files anywhere online for the US version. It took a couple different dealerships till I found one that still had the update USB. You can try Google search for the technical bulletin reference: NTB16-100b or I have added pictures of the bulletin that I have, for your convenience. It shows how to get into the menu, just not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for. Hopefully it helps and gets you going on the right direction. Font Parallel Paper Document Paper product
Brown Font Rectangle Wood Hardwood
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Paper
Font Screenshot Parallel Brand Document
Product Font Material property Design Advertising
Font Material property Parallel Publication Paper
Product Font Material property Publication Natural landscape
Font Material property Multimedia Screenshot Advertising
Font Parallel Screenshot Wood Web page
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

Reactions: squirtbrnr

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
My 2016 Nismo RS radio would randomly restart, there's a firmware update for it. All the dealerships were given a USB drive with the update. I had to take mine in to the dealer and have it done which for me was free of charge. I couldn't find the update files anywhere online for the US version. It took a couple different dealerships till I found one that still had the update USB. You can try Google search for the technical bulletin reference: NTB16-100b or I have added pictures of the bulletin I have for your convenience. Hopefully this is what you're looking for.
Thank you. I have the update but can't access the "Service Menu" of the radio. I will try and find a dealership to do it. Appreciate it.

Thank you. I have the update on a USB stick but can't find the sequence to get into the service menu on the touch screen. I may try to see if a dealership can do the upgrade with possible recall issues. Tough thing is the Juke runs great. Sometimes taking it into the dealership results in more issues when I get it back.

· Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
The procedure to enter the service menu and do the update is in the service bulletin they posted as attached pictures.

Reactions: MambaJuke

· Registered
29 Posts
Thank you. I have the update but can't access the "Service Menu" of the radio. I will try and find a dealership to do it. Appreciate it.

Thank you. I have the update on a USB stick but can't find the sequence to get into the service menu on the touch screen. I may try to see if a dealership can do the upgrade with possible recall issues. Tough thing is the Juke runs great. Sometimes taking it into the dealership results in more issues when I get it back.
My pleasure, hopefully you can get it resolved. I know it was annoying for me when I had the issue till it got fixed. Good luck with the dealership, just make sure to let them know there is a service bulletin for the radio. But they are usually aware because the radios needing updates to fix bugs seems to be a common issue with the Nissan's.

Reactions: soccernut43_3131

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still can't get into my service menu to do the update. I've pressed and held the "Apps" while turning the tuning knob counterclockwise, clockwise, counterclockwise, clockwise, etc etc. Nothing. Took it yo a Nissan dealership and they want $175 to start. What am I missing?

· Registered
2,206 Posts
Are you doing the entire procedure before that?
Parking brake
Engine off
Ignition ON, engine OFF

I've done a similar procedure in wife's cherokee trailhawk in order to update the nav. It is important to complete every step, exactly. That literature above looks pretty legit and I don't see any reason to doubt it works, so the only suggestion would be to verify you are completing it exactly.

· Registered
29 Posts
Still can't get into my service menu to do the update. I've pressed and held the "Apps" while turning the tuning knob counterclockwise, clockwise, counterclockwise, clockwise, etc etc. Nothing. Took it yo a Nissan dealership and they want $175 to start. What am I missing?
I just followed the instructions in the pictures I attached and it went right into the menu without any issue. You have to press and hold the "Apps" button while you turn the tune knob counter clockwise then clockwise. I turned mine 4 times each way and it went to the menu right after turning it clockwise. I have attached a picture of mine.
Audio equipment Gadget Vehicle audio Display device Electric blue

Reactions: Ausjuk33
1 - 12 of 12 Posts