Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My Juke seems to be having problems, there are no warning lights at all,

Basically when I accelerate it starts to move off fine but then it sounds like a wheel spin and all power dies, Rev count stays where it is and the car does not move what so ever, however when in N the revs are fine. To get home yesterday I had to constantly turn the car on and off to try get some sort of movement.
I placed some CVT fluid in which allowed the car to drive normally for about 5 minutes then the same problem occurred. I then noticed a puddle of oil coming from the front drivers side near the radiator where there are a couple of pipes which are corroded and oil only leaks when the car is turned on.
There is also a LOT and I mean a LOT of noise coming from the engine, I checked the belt which seems fine but maybe it’s a pulley or bearing instead.
Overall has anyone experienced this or know what the problem is.

Video of noise and belt

Attachments

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Those pipes lead to the CVT external oil/air cooler. Leaking CVT fluid oil is probably the biggest reason for CVT failures and it happens slowly over time, this happened to mine but it failed catastrophically.

There really isn't much that can be done as a healthy engine/trans don't tend to make those types of noises. Combined with a lack of forward movement there's a high probability of this being a CVT failure. Engine and CVT are so integrated with each other that when there's a failure it affects engine operation. The best course of action is a tow to the dealership and not to attempt to move the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those pipes lead to the CVT external oil/air cooler. Leaking CVT fluid oil is probably the biggest reason for CVT failures and it happens slowly over time, this happened to mine but it failed catastrophically.

I went to one repair shop as I heard the noise last week and they told me it’s a pulley kit I need which is to replace all of the pulleys and the belt, another has said it’s just the belt what needs changing.

regards to the power it’s literally not moving what so ever i explained to Nissan and they said it’s a CVT and want 5k to rebuild it which I don’t see is worth it.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Without reading the ECM, no one here can say for certain.
It still doesn't explain the difficulty in getting the car to move forward in drive.

If Nissan are saying it's the CVT, then very likely it is. A repair shop are not a dealership.
You might waste money on replacing the alternator or pulley kit and still require repairing something else.
The CVT replacement in the states is about $4,500 U.S. so that price as about in line with the norm.
Whether it's worth it is up to you, but the diagnosis is probably correct from the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts