Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Nissan Juke SL with almost 130k miles. This is my first car. I've had it for 7 months. Ive had numerous repairs on it. The timing chain was fixed, control arms fixed, valve covers fixed, spark plugs replaced, vacuum tube replaced, radio replaced. Many many repairs and I am STILL experiencing stalling and faulty electrical issues with the radio controls. Almost anytime I come to a stop, the engine will shut off, sometimes in the middle of the road. it will take multiple cranks to turn over. And after that small time, what makes it worse is the head unit consistently freezing up on me. It got to the point where I can't use my steering wheel controls or even connect my phone anymore. When my car is in idle, it shakes everytime I use my windows at a low idle. The car shakes everytime I'm at a stop as if it wants to quit. The prior owners practically never treated this car right at all. I'm in the middle of returning to college that is far from home. And if I'm going to be taking my car, it needs to run well. I need help! Any ideas on what it could be? I'd really appreciate the help. I want this problem taken care of once and for all ... 🤦🏾‍♂️

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
A couple of places to start:
How old is your battery? The car is voltage sensitive and will have issues if the battery isn't 100%, even if the auto parts store says it is still good.

Check the engine grounding. Make sure the grounding strap is in good shape and firmly attached. If it looks corroded, clean the connection.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Stalling when coming to a stop, and the car dieing out when you go to accelerate from a stop is a sign that the torque converter is on its way out. with that said:
As much of a resource as the internet is, you will not get any 100% answers to the issues you are having. No one here can be in the car to feel what it is doing or see exactly what it is doing. Your best bet is to bite the bullet, take a crisp-new $100 bill down to the local nissan dealership, tell them your issue, take a technician for a ride, and pay for a proper diagnostic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts