Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2013 Nissan Juke cvt AWD with 84k miles. I had driven the car for 200 miles and a few days. When I went on the highway, the car stopped accelerating at 80 mph and rpms were fluttering at 2,500. No warning signs, no check engine light, engine coolant temp was normal. Brought the car in and they said they could find no issues. Got it back today and was getting horrible mileage (21.8 mpg on the highway), my AC was feeling weak, and rpm’s were again fluttering but when i was in idle with ac off. Just wondering what some of you guys would do. From my short research I believe its CVT fluid that needs to be changed? But nissan said they found 0 problems so just wondering what to do next. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the car went into “limp mode”. Yes the cvt fluid needs to be changed. We recommend doing a drain and fill. You may have to do (3) in a row to get most of your fluid changed.
I just got this car from the dealership that had a 30 day 1k mile state mandated warranty. They said keep bringing the car back if it has the issue since they couldnt find anything wrong. Should i do that? Don’t want to cause more issues by continuing driving, but dont wanna put money into a car i just bought

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Where was Nissan 2 years ago.....lol. I was at 80,000 miles and 6 years. I guess they are owning up to the fact the CVT does have issues. Hopefully those with issues can get theirs fixed. Maybe I should flatbed my car over to Nissan....j/k. Probably get denied warranty on site. At least Nissan is stepping up to the plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the cvt fluid gets old it loses grip when it gets hot. The transmission detects the slipping and reverts to “Safe mode”
Nissan just sent out a letter to all Juke owners extending their cvt warranty to 7 years or 84,000 miles
thanks for the info. is it not 120,000
When the cvt fluid gets old it loses grip when it gets hot. The transmission detects the slipping and reverts to “Safe mode”
Nissan just sent out a letter to all Juke owners extending their cvt warranty to 7 years or 84,000 miles

View attachment 188724 View attachment 188724
I saw on their website 10 years 120,000 miles for cvt. would cover mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where was Nissan 2 years ago.....lol. I was at 80,000 miles and 6 years. I guess they are owning up to the fact the CVT does have issues. Hopefully those with issues can get theirs fixed. Maybe I should flatbed my car over to Nissan....j/k. Probably get denied warranty on site. At least Nissan is stepping up to the plate.
PRETTY SURE THIS IS THE RESULT OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT AS OPPOSED TO NISSAN "OWNING UP"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts