Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2013 Nissan Juke with ~117,500 miles on with a failing CVT Transmission. I know about the lawsuit that was settled looks like in the last couple years. One thing I can't figure out is if my vehicle qualifies for a replacement. I was curious if anyone on here went through a similar issue and what the outcome was.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
No, it doesn't qualify going by this:

Your original warranty was 5 year/60,000 miles. Nissan extended it to 7 year/84,000 miles on 2013-2017 Jukes.
Can still call a dealership but they are not obligated to cover the transmission based on your vehicles age and mileage.

If you don't mind me asking what makes you feel that it's failing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The $5,000 quote I just got from a transmission center really clued me in. But other than that a light came on about a week or so ago and I can feel the transmission start to slip a little

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yeah, $4500 - $5,000 is about the reported average. Light isn't a good sign, no. Codes would reflect the issue but also depends what the symptoms are. If you can explain some of the symptoms it would help. When mine started failing I switched to AMSOIL CVT fluid. This bought me some more time. Not all CVT fail the same way and so the symptoms determine what is actually happenening.

Right, you mentioned it's slipping a little bit. If you can drive it and pay attention to the rpms while holding the throttle steady on the road/highway. If the rpms pulsate up and down, then the CVT is toast. A little bit of slippage can be dealt with using the AMSOIL, it'll clamp the belt and clutches tighter and allow it to be driveable. If you can put the car in Park, then shift to drive and you feel a big clunk......also a bad sign. Any whinning noises while driving?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts