Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Nissan Juke - 215/65R16 - BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 Tire

No rubbing - steel rim was $110 and $150 alloys.

Less street performance than a 17” rim with good tires?

.75” larger diameter than stock.

Have not used in the snow yet.

Looks good? 🤔

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Looks legit, I wanna do some tires like that to get that rally car look

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Looks good but just a heads up those will perform worse on snow covered roads than just a set of snow tires.

KO2s are great but like all AT tires they generally just perform OK in the snow compared to dedicated snow tires like Blizzacks. I'm sure you're already aware but just reiterating.

They also don't have nearly enough sporting characteristics to take advantage of even a standard model Juke in the dry. You're sacrificing a lot of cornering performance with those.

Honestly just a bad idea all around haha except for looks. The KO2s look great but at the end of the day that is a truck/suv all terrain tire on a small hatchback crossovery thing that has sporting enough character to benefit from dedicated summer and winter tires.

I have KO2s on my new Frontier and love them there. Had them on my previous Xterra for years. I'd hate them on my Juke though.

If you like them though that's what counts. I'm just being technical.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I agree with the above post. All terrain tires are not replacement for snow tires in any way. The compound in all terrain tires are same/similar to all seasons once the temperature drops the compound starts to harden. Whereas dedicated winter tires the compound stays nice and soft under cold temperatures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my mind they will be shredding it up. 😂 I had a Jeep Liberty with all terrains was always great in the snow. I agree the compounds snow tires better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome! I plan on doing something similar and think yours is looking and doing awesome in whe snowy conditions.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I have read that dedicated winter tires perform
better than all terrains - so far in the snow has been great. I have a 1 km driveway had about 12-14” - did great.
http://instagr.am/p/CX-gyX8r0rq/
Looks like it did great with those tires! The Juke has a really good AWD system too. It can put usable power to any corner pretty quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure if a winter tire with soft compound would be better in deep rutted snow compared to the BFG Allterrains? The juke has been a snow machine the last couple weeks. 💯% right choice for me.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Not sure if a winter tire with soft compound would be better in deep rutted snow compared to the BFG Allterrains? The juke has been a snow machine the last couple weeks. 💯% right choice for me.
View attachment 191357
It would. Softer compound bites into the snow, harder compound spins on top of the snow.

·
Administrator
12,143 Posts
Also the second season is very telling for tires, especially snows. The new sharp factory tread edges are gone. The compound is older, harder since "heat" cycled. Plus depending on miles. The tread depth is less.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts