Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having an issue with your Juke not cranking when you hold the brake pedal down and push the ignition button? I have had this happen two times in the past three months. On the first trip to the dealership they said the battery had a bad plate in it so they replaced it. This second trip, they have had my car for 4 days and can't figure out what is causing the issue with the battery. They got the same code on the computer and replaced the battery. Thank goodness I purchased an extended warranty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have had it happen twice as well. Car acted like battery was dead or severely drained. My trickle charger, and the sparks I could produce, indicated the battery was fully charged.

Both times, standard tier 1 procedures worked 1)Checking connections on battery, 2) General grousing/cussing) 3)Jump start

As my car has not repeated it in the last 2 months, I have not gone to the mechanic to have it investigated. Distressing though.

Hope it works out for you. Juke's are too much fun to have it ruined like this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes! I repeatedly have this issue on my 2012 Juke. I get in my car ready to go somewhere and it gives a pitiful cough like the battery is dead or that rapid t-t-t-t like the starter solenoid isn’t working. Usually a jumpstart is all it needs. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it starts just fine. It’s usually a daily question of “will my car start today?” Today I had 10 minutes to get my son to campus to take a final and it did it again. I feathered the throttle while my left foot held the brake and finally got it started. Still no idea why it does this. I’ve seen threads here that it happens with other year models as well and a couple bits of advice from those threads are 1: don’t have anything plugged into the cigarette lighter (I have a dash cam) and 2: don’t have your foot on the brake when you turn it off. I’m going to try both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 2011 juke since June 2011. 5-6 batteries later. and being told it's the alternator. oh wait, it's not. it's the battery. oh wait, its not. or being told we can't find anything wrong. And still the batteries only last 6-8 months before i need to start jumping it. Always starts immediately. Usually is dead after sitting in the sun for a day or so. Nissan is no help. been to 4 different mechanics. no one knows. All i can say is keep cables. or a jumper. and KEEP the receipt to your batteries because you'll be replacing the batteries constantly. Until you're told that they won't honor it any more and then buy another battery.

Stressedoutblond

1 - 4 of 4 Posts