Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Personal luxury car
Car Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

I own a 2011 Nissan Juke. Any time I reach 3.2 RPMs the car will start to buck really bad and then refuses to go over the 3.2 RPMs.
A little bit of a backstory with the car, apparently according to previous owner there had been something wrong with the original starter in the car. The mechanic that had been working on the car had thought it was a good idea to put a second starter into the car? So I now have a the original starter button on the right of the steering wheel that will turn on the electronics in the car, and a second starter button that was placed on the left of the steering wheel that will turn the engine over.
Now, when it comes to my RPM issue I’ve heard several theories (but no one has been able to put their finger on it exactly, so I’ve been throwing money away trying to solve random issues it COULD be). The biggest theory that I’ve heard is that this second starter is pulling power from somewhere, and causing the car to go into “limp” or “limbo” mode or something, and that’s refraining the car from going over 3.2RPMs.
But I personally don’t have a very big knowledge of cars, so I’m looking for the opinion of someone with deeper knowledge of Nissan Jukes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A start switch has nothing to do with limp mode. All that dies is tell the starter to turn. Its 12v to the signal on the starter. And then a second 12 cable goes from the starter to the battery.
Have you checked for pending codes? Is it all the time or after a while of driving? Does the car have any non-oem parts in it?
I appreciate that! Would you know if it is actually limp mode that is refraining mw from going over 3.2RPMs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts