Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2011 juke sv. It has been having battery issues causing it to require a jump start if it sits for a few days. Latest occurrence after attempting the jump start it wouldn’t turn over. I replaced the battery and it still won’t turn over. I was able to get it to start twice but if I don’t leave constant pressure on the accelerator it’ll just stall out. Throwing no codes at all. I did a reset on the throttle body but that did nothing for me. Anybody have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Sounds like maybe you have a phantom battery drain somewhere maybe. Do you have any devices hooked up or especially hard wired in by tapping into power somewhere?

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
If you have to hold the accelerator while starting, it almost sounds like a fuel delivery problem. My guess is the low pressure fuel pump which is in the gas tank.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Get a hold of a trickle charger.

Make sure the battery is charged.

See if it starts any better.

If she starts then wont drive well. It may be a fuel issue.

Make sure the battery connectors are not broken. A bad negative or positive cable will cause issues.

Rodents will chew through wires.

Post back and record a video if possible.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds very similar to the issue I had last year. Replaced the battery but still wouldn't start. I had autozone do their little check and their tool said my alternator was bad.
I figured I should get a second opinion so I went to the Nissan dealership and they did a 'full diagnostic' and determined it wasn't my alternator but the stop light switch. Once that got replaced, car started like normal. Returned the new battery I bought.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Sounds very similar to the issue I had last year. Replaced the battery but still wouldn't start. I had autozone do their little check and their tool said my alternator was bad.
I figured I should get a second opinion so I went to the Nissan dealership and they did a 'full diagnostic' and determined it wasn't my alternator but the stop light switch. Once that got replaced, car started like normal. Returned the new battery I bought.
The infamous brake switch lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts