Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

2011 Juke blown engine

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Woodring11 
#1 ·
Is it worth changing, owe 4000. Value is between 5000/6500. How much could the engine change cost. Which parts to buy ? The whole engine, short block, long block ? I'm a pipe fitter, and now under water I'm thinking
Please advise,
Appreciate your time

#4 ·
Central Pa ?

Well most mechanics can swap an engine. My guess is $2000.00 total if you can get a used engine under $1000.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I went down this avenue in the early days of my Jukeys and I was surprised that the labor time to swap this motor is unusually high. I was looking at $1.5-2k in labor alone plus cost of motor. However, keep in mind that there is going to be a HUGE range for this depending on your area but mostly just your specific mechanic. Don't bring it to the dealership, I think is pretty obvious advice. LKQ is a nationwide salvage yard and they offer warranties on their engines. My suggestion would be to find a local mechanic who will facilitate the engine purchase FOR YOU so that there is no finger pointing after the fact if anything goes awry.

#8 ·
Update-Broken Juke will live to kick ___ again.
it had a hole in the side of the engine block. Connecting rod maybe ? Something left go.
point is ext. warranty will help out. 1500$
For 45000 miles and we had 1400 miles to go. I originally thought we were past the mileage until I double checked. So, I'm surprised it worked out this way but the insurance company will send the engine to a dealership for the work to be completed. Cost to me will be a new battery ( which must have shorted out once the engine locked up) and all 4 wheels alignment that the Nissan dealer requires after an engine swap. Sounds fair. Thankyou for your previous advise, it was desperate times for a bit. Good luck and happy holidays to all of the Juke folks out there.
KEEP ON JUKEING IT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.