Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Juke. Since November my battery will randomly die. I press the button it goes "click click click" and nothing. I have replaced the battery 4 times since then. It has a GPS tracker but the dealer assures me that would not drain the battery. When it is jumped it works great and will start for days then a repeat.
The other thing it does is when I have the AC is on and I'm at a red light it acts like its going to die. If I turn off the AC, it can idle without an issue.
Everything is factory except the battery. I don't use the break to turn off. I rarely use the radio. I'm ready to throw it away, but I love it.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
As you've seen in other posts on the topic, something is draining the battery while the vehicle is off. To verify, when the vehicle is off, disconnect the ground terminal from the battery and use a multimeter to measure any current draw between the battery negative and the disconnected terminal.

There has to be something doing it. In every case I've ever heard, it was always something aftermarket added to the vehicle, like a radar detector, remote start, mis-wired head unit, cargo light, etc. Always something. I've even heard of owners finding that something was added by a previous owner and they weren't even aware of it.

As far as the idle, that is normal. I suggest doing a search on the forum for keywords on both topics to get additional info/ideas.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello JJ, have you had the alternator tested ? It maybe just be the problem since it struggles when the AC is on as it may not be providing enough power.

Reactions: jjkessler

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Bargeld, just to play devil's advocate here, although it is usually an aftermarket product causing the drain, there are many instances where a completely stock vehicle can develop a parasitic drain. I've troubleshooted out failing factory relays (horn, wipers, fuel pump, etc) that will cause drain as they age. Also corrosion within connectors can cause drain issues.

But first thing first.... pop that ammeter on there and get real mA numbers. It is also possible that your battery is just poop now. Standard batteries only go back to 90% of their original strength after a drain. After your 3rd drain, you're pretty much running on a depleted battery. Advance/Autozone will test your charging system and battery for free, so you have no excuse not to do the first steps of troubleshooting asap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts