Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening guys . Today I have changed a starter motor on our friends 2011 Nissan Juke diesel . Car has been stood since Oct 2020 so battery was flat . After rebuilding the car and connecting jump leads to said flat battery the car will turn over but not start the cooling fans is on and the red key light is lite on the dash . Also key has snapped in ignition barrel but you can still put what’s left in barrel turn ignition on and unlock to start but nothing cranks but doesn’t fire . Any suggestions of the coarse would be great cheers

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Probably a fuel issue. Had this on my mom's fiat after sitting many months. Just had to keep cranking and cranking until it finally started.

·
Super Moderator
11,288 Posts
Replace the whole ignition. It is probably not turning on everything that needs to be on to start the Juke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changed ignition switch barrel and key blade this morning but still using same key fob and transponder but still nothing it’s turning over and red key light still on with fan running . Checked fuses all ok .also no brake lights which I odd . Car isn’t push button start .

·
Super Moderator
11,288 Posts
No Brake Lights.

Your brake switch is not working and or the BCM fuse panel fuse is blown. That is in the engine bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts