Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
haha i saw the donut one today. i saw two versions, they cut it and made it shorter, but in the long original version i love how they make it a point to hear the turbo spooling loud

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Thanks for mentioning this, I had the volume down and didn't hear it. I've been wanting to hear what it sounds like. Now I will have to watch it again...

haha i saw the donut one today. i saw two versions, they cut it and made it shorter, but in the long original version i love how they make it a point to hear the turbo spooling loud

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's a good video on here you can hear the sound. Just a minute and I'll find it

·
Registered
24 Posts
It growls!

I do not have sound on this computer, and I probably would not know how to use it if I did, but the car has a neat ,NOTICABLE growl, when you are on it,.More so than other turbo cars I have owned/driven.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Growl? I have heard more of a whisper or something a small sewing machine might make. That was one of my problems with the car based on what I have learned so far. A Growl would go a long way with me. :D

I do not have sound on this computer, and I probably would not know how to use it if I did, but the car has a neat ,NOTICABLE growl, when you are on it,.More so than other turbo cars I have owned/driven.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Growl? I have heard more of a whisper or something a small sewing machine might make. That was one of my problems with the car based on what I have learned so far. A Growl would go a long way with me. :D
obviously when youre comparing it to your hemi then most other engines will sound like a whisper. hahahaha. plus a turbo engine will sound quieter than a non turbo engine because the exhaust side of the turbo acts like an additional muffler.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I had a turbo eclipse some years ago and I loved the noise the blow off valve would make. The turbo spinning up was cool, but the BOV was where the really cool "pssst" would come in.

obviously when youre comparing it to your hemi then most other engines will sound like a whisper. hahahaha. plus a turbo engine will sound quieter than a non turbo engine because the exhaust side of the turbo acts like an additional muffler.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a turbo eclipse some years ago and I loved the noise the blow off valve would make. The turbo spinning up was cool, but the BOV was where the really cool "pssst" would come in.
one of my current cars is powered by a rb26dett with twin hks ssqv bov. the sound it lets off scares a lot of people. lol. the best is at bus stops i get the funniest reactions. i even saw an old lady look like she thought she was gonna die when she heard them go off. when i first drove beside my parents car my mom called me to tell me my car is leaking air when she heard the ssqv. lol.

btw heres how mine kinda sounds. but mine is a lot louder since i have two of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOWqv66ED0

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you liked the donut commercial, you should go to YouTube and watch "the making of" that's up now. I'm not going to post it, because I'm not sure if y'all are as obsessive as I am /cough/. But just to clarify -- Kowalcek is not wearing socks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
lol actually i am trying to become a bit less obsessive :D
i ordered mine two weeks ago and i still have to wait 2 1/2months to get it, so i prefer not to watch too many pictures or videos of the juke.
i know that saying what i'm about to might sound weird ( or i think only women might be able to follow my thoughts...), but to me a new car is like a new handbag or a new pair of shoes ( except for the price that is of course :) ), i'm scared that if i look to much at it, before possessing it, could make me feel bored about it :(
p.s.: i hope you always get what i'm on about, because my english tends to get weirder the last couple of weeks lol :)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, we get it! I've been obsessing over car buying since about April when I started. Now that I'm ready; have my downpayment, and have chosen my car, I'm impatient for my car to get here. But once I get my car . . .

what will I obsess over next?

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the topic of sound; I wish it sounded as good as it does in the doughnut commercial. When you get on it, the turbo is slightly audible if you have the windows down. But, it lacks the growl heard in the commercial.

The gear whine is louder than anything. In stock form, the Juke has that "whzzzzzing" that most new, quiet cars have. Thankfully, that is easily remedied; hopefully, without voiding the warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts