1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
235 Posts
Our HP3 and HP5 will be a direct plug and play replacement, and provide plenty of output for that location.

I'd personally go with the HP5, so it fills that area well.

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
^^^ can't argue with the sponsor, they know what's up!

Sidenote, DD, I am wrapping up a retrofit right now with your RGBW demon eye kit I bought up about a week ago, and that setup is siiiiiiick. Super bright, super pure, it's legit amazeballs.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I posted a video on instagram of it the night I got it set up... my IG is "bythirteen" but I barely know how to use it honestly. I'm way more interested in building stuff than marketing stuff. But for sure, I'm only waiting on some more retrorubber to arrive and then final assembly will be done this week. Here's a teaser pic for funsies....

P1020058.jpg

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I installed the HP3 in the gator and it seems slightly dimmer in that location. Maybe not enough to justify changing it, but would have gone with the brighter bulb in hindsight. I think it may have something to do how the reflector focuses light.

I say that because I also installed the amber HP3 in the side turn signal and it seemed significantly brighter. Also, the voltage drop from this bulb alone was not enough to put the blinkers into hyperflash. Just swapped out the bulb and it worked perfectly. Seeing the LED next to the incandescents, it is clear how much more impactful the on/off switching of the LED is versus the gradual flash of the other bulbs.

Tip for anyone doing this: reach through the top of the fender and remove the bulb by rotating the connector to the housing. The reflector housing is somewhat fragile (mine broke previously when removing it), so I would leave it in place.

How much brighter is the HP5?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The HP3 produces 56 lumens (measured) and will be slightly brighter than your OEM incandescent bulb, especially if it's a bit older.

The HP5 produces 92 lumens (measured) and will provide significantly more output than your OEM bulb, and the HP3.

Please feel free to contact us if you wish to exchange your HP3's for HP5's: [email protected]

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just emailed. Can't beat that for customer service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts