Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@13r1an this is for you bud, got a question. So my passenger side high beam (9005) bulb died. Grabbed a really cool set of LED lamps to put in... :ROFLMAO: 🤪 just kidding... love halogen as they actually get warm and can melt snow.
None-the-less, I noticed (perhaps related to my wife's fender-bender on the passenger side front end) that the entire unit inside the plastic housing moves up and down - like, i'm that annoying guy with a headlight bouncing all around at night.
The projector/reflector housing actually move if I grab a bulb and give it the slightest "twitch"... wondering if there is something I can do (the housing is in my basement right now for whatever reason, stay warm?) the adjusting screw thingy is engaged and I even threaded it in more just to see if that would help but nerp - I'm at a loss. It's almost like a screw or cli p or something broke or came loose but donno...

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
First: much love for the title, it made my heart giggle when I came on here this morning.

Okay so there are 3 separate mounting points for the reflector bowl (so if you have a gen2, yes you technically have a combo projector/reflector assembly, but for the sake of simplicity, we're just going to refer to it by it's archaic name: reflector bowl). On our cars, we only have 1 adjustment point, as we only have up/down adjustment, not a left/right. Meaning that 2 of the 3 pivot mounting points are stationary. Those popping out/breaking is not uncommon, although generally I experience that more on modified or aftermarket housings, not so much on OEMs. Buuuut a fender bender could certainly give it the bump necessary to pop a socket loose or simply break a mounting leg. If you remove the rear housing cap and can grab the reflector bowl or bulb mounted in the reflector bowl and manually wiggle the reflector bowl around, it is definitely not held in place by 3 points. If it wiggles up/left and down/right, then you can triangulate (fancy word for use your brain and common sense) to figure out where the 'missing' pivot point is. Then comes the flashlight and/or tiny mirror to get a visual on the pivot point in question. If the shaft leading to the pivot point has snapped, you're SOL. I mean, you COULD repair it, but you'd hafta open it up to plastic weld it together, and the level of skill/time required for that I'd just say buy a new damn housing. They're cheap for Jukes. If you can see the ball & socket and they've just disconnected, then you just gotta reconnect em. Think resetting a shoulder that's popped out. It's unpleasant and requires a decent amount of carefully placed force or else you could potentially break thing worse. Usually you can remove the bulb and hook your finger in there and pull but sometimes it may require some leverage with a flathead right against the socket joint to localize the force.

And then you can install your LED bulbs. :D

Reactions: Ausjuk33
1 - 2 of 2 Posts