Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've read the Juke will have a 1.6L engine:

Nissan has announced that the Juke will come equipped with a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder with direct-injection technology – GTDI (gasoline turbocharged direct injection) for short. It also gets variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust side of the engine. Power is rated at 188-hp and 177 ft-lbs of torque, but so far no fuel economy numbers are available

but does anyone have a sense of 0-60 mph times, or what kind of performance this will deliver?

it seems "short" on power thats for sure!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Really? For such a small car it seems like overkill. I'm interested in what sort of mpg the awd version will achieve. Under 30mpg would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, I want good gas mileage as well.... I'm hearing it will deliver 30mpg ... but still, I'm a bit surprised at what a small engine that is.
Guess I'll have to wait until I can drive one to see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probably slow as balls! But if you need power, go buy a Camero!

Small little grocery getters like this dont need to go that fast. As long as the gas mileage is good who cares. Gas guzzlers are out these days!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it was a normally aspirated engine, I could see where it would be slow. But with the engine being not only turbocharged but outfitted with direct injection, I think the engine performance of the total package might surprise us. The new base Camaros are outfitted with direct-injected V6's, and I don't think Chevy would have went that route if the setup was slouchy. We'll all find out when we get to test drive 'em... can't wait!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think the test will be the determining factor and answer the questions that we have about the Juke. Until then, we can only speculate on how we think the Juke will perform. I expect the performance to be similar to the Nissan Rogue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay....Are they all have a red center console??? I hope not.. I thought the center console matched the exterior color, maybe not. Thanks for posting. The review was great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Okay....Are they all have a red center console??? I hope not.. I thought the center console matched the exterior color, maybe not
The center console doesn't match the exterior color.
The painted center console and door trims match the upholstery and
can be chosen in either red or a silver-grey. I much prefer the red interior, the grey looks a bit dreary to me.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It appears that in all the photo's i've seen, that the leather trims come with the Metallic Gun interior, and the fabric ones come with the Red. I'm sure that's not the case, but I definitely want the gray since I will be getting the Gun Metallic color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
were way off topic already. lol. but the red center console looks very good with that red leather stitching. i think thats what ill choose for my interior.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Re: Engine

It's a nice amount of power for the weight of this car -- which is under 3000lbs. It's power to weight ratio means it will contend with the VW GTI and other hot hatches. in the 7-8 second range. Its by no means a sports car, but with a few quick mods i bet it can get into the ~6.5 range easily.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is anybody knows factory index of Nissan's 1.6 engine?
what exactly did you mean? im sure we can help you out if you can be more specific.

Re: Engine

It's a nice amount of power for the weight of this car -- which is under 3000lbs. It's power to weight ratio means it will contend with the VW GTI and other hot hatches. in the 7-8 second range. Its by no means a sports car, but with a few quick mods i bet it can get into the ~6.5 range easily.
all you need is about $1000 and you can get that thing to dip in the low 6 and high 5 range. just bigger turbo, and injectors or tune.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If i could achieve high 5's for a grand i'd be happy as a clam. I'm going from a 350z to this Juke and going to miss my 5.1 second 0-60.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts