Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got a problem with our Juke, 1.5dCi. The air intake pipe broke the second time already. First time was about a half year ago. Tried to look for this issue but hasn't found anything helpful, because i can't belive that the pipe broke just like that the second time. I think there must be other issue, and the broken pipe is just the effect of it.
Maybe someone had this one too? Or maybe you have some clue what could be the problem? These pipes aren't cheap and I don't feel like buying a new one every six months.

Thanks in advance!
Greets from Germany.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

We do not have the same engine in North America so I don't know if we can offer much help. We do have several members from abroad that may want to chime in here.

I do know our engines move around alot so a flex hose may be in order to allow for that movement. I am sure there is a silicone hose out their that would do the job.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Yes. Looks like your engine mount is allowing the engine to move too much. Measure the broken sections diameter. Get a silicone coupler and join those two pieces together. You will need two hose clamps as well.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I would say the torque mounts are worn or broken causing engine to rock to far pulling on pipe and then breaking it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,guys!
I'm encounting the same problem to my 2011,1.5 diesel ,juke.
So,I've ordered the part and it costs 200 €( such a big mess)...after 5 days still waiting for it.Just thinking ,maybe was better to get a silicone coupler.Also I think to replace the engine mount.Just hope it will not broke again,it's the second time when happens.
Greetings from Romania!

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Hello,guys!
I'm encounting the same problem to my 2011,1.5 diesel ,juke.
So,I've ordered the part and it costs 200 €( such a big mess)...after 5 days still waiting for it.Just thinking ,maybe was better to get a silicone coupler.Also I think to replace the engine mount.Just hope it will not broke again,it's the second time when happens.
Greetings from Romania!
Let us know how it works out.

A silicone coupler and a little ingenuity will fix this easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys!
The original part finally arrived,so I mounted it on the car and works good ,again.
But now it seems to have another problem with my consume ,it's increased. Exactly, when i'm on the spot,the engine idling,my consume goes to 30l/h,before this it was 1.9l/h.
Anyone knows what happened?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Ecu probably needs some time to relearn the new airflow. Or you have a bigger leak than previously.

More air = more fuel to maintain the correct air/fuel ratio.

I wouldn't trust the display. Drive it for a while and calculate your fuel consumption vs distance manually when you fill the tank full.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts