Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello good morning jukesters well I have a Nissan 2012 Juke S with 92,000 miles so far no problems. But just the check engine light has been going on it started last year around 7 months ago, after I carefully removed it and clean it . The car ran like it was brand new . But now it's been going on several times. I might try removing it again but I'm guessing that it needs to be replaced considering that the cars original part is almost 10 years old.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,051 Posts
What's the actual code with the CEL? Which sensor did you remove and clean? Sensor 1 (air fuel ratio sensor that's on the elbow of the downpipe accessible in the engine bay) or Sensor 2 (heated oxygen sensor that's on the downpipe accessible from underneath the car)?

I believe the O2 sensor has a non-replaceable crush washer built in, so it's recommended to replace in most situations. If you're having lean/rich issues and you've checked all other sensors, hoses, gaskets, etc. then I would recommend replacing the sensor. It's rare the sensor goes bad, but it does happen. Make sure you don't have any other gasket leaks in the exhaust or intake. Could be something as simple as for example (though not necessarily the cause) the PCV valve in the valve cover is stuck open.

welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd recommend replacing. My 2015 this past September had the O2 sensor underneath go bad but replaced under extended warranty.

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
No crush washer on O2 sensors.

Replace both of them. They are fairly easy to get to.

That is if it is actually what is causing the CEL to come on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts