Hot weather issues
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot weather issues

Hot weather issues

I have a 2011, manual, FWD.

In hot weather (80+), acceleration lags quite a bit from stop. It can be dangerous pulling into or across traffic, because the car is very sluggish. I rev it up to an unusual degree, but even then the rpm drops dramatically as the clutch engages fully. Sitting at idle, the tach is erratic, and will dip down to about 500, at which point the car shakes slightly as if it is going to stall, then rebounds.

Oddly, the engine temp gauge stays very steady in the middle of its range; there are no indications of engine overheating. The hotter it gets outside, the worse it gets. The problem is very consistent in hot weather. It has continued with regular and synthetic oils. When the outside temperature drops, acceleration and idle return to normal.

I took it to the dealer (difficult logistically) and it turned out to be a relatively cool day, so the problem did not occur (of course).

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Try changing your fuel filter, I had this issue w/ a nissan p/u when you were driving at speed it was fine, stop at a light and it would run crappy until you get going again.
    Jay Dawge
    Cayenne Red S model w/ AWD
    OEM Bumper Guard, Curt Tow Hitch, OEM Armrest, Front underbody protector, Swagman XC 2 Bike Rack, PIAA Extreme White Halogens, Geolandar All terrain/All Season 215/60/16's on steel rims "winter" Painted mirror covers, alloy rims & spoiler gloss black, added in channel vent shades & UK hood deflector. Tinted windows,TUI axelback, Injen SRI, Stillen strut tower brace.LED driving/ DRL, gators and rev lightsHidden Content

I ran into a similar problem on very hot days driving to Vegas from California. Major power drop, I was afraid it had killed my turbo. Once I pulled over and let it cool off it ran fine. Temp gauge was in the normal range, no lights cam on, just suddenly it lost all it's umph.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dawge View Post
    Try changing your fuel filter, I had this issue w/ a nissan p/u when you were driving at speed it was fine, stop at a light and it would run crappy until you get going again.
    I believe the only fuel filter on our Jukes is on the fuel pump.

i think I would look at the air cleaner assembly to see of that is operating correctly.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

7. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)