Bugzilla - When the Juke just isnt enough
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugzilla - When the Juke just isnt enough

Bugzilla - When the Juke just isnt enough

Hello all!

I decide to share my little project with all of you. Since I am not going to mod the Juke (yet), I needed something that I could mod. All of my past DD cars I have modified a bit too much making them not so much fun to use as a DD. So its time for a completely separate car that I can do whatever I want and not have to worry about how it daily drives.

Everyone, meet Bugzilla. This started life as a bone stock 1970 Bug. I set my quest out to find the cheapest and most popular car to turn in to something its not. Bought it for $600 and sold the unused parts off it for $800. After that, the fun started. Here is a quick little breakdown of what has been going on in the past couple years. All work has been done by me in my garage.

Full tube frame
    Custom a-arms
    Miata spindles on all 4 corners
    Chevy Ecotec powered
    Getrag F23 transmission
    Wide body

Here is the good stuff!

2012 Juke SV AWD - Sold 2015
    2015 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - Sold 2018
    2006 Evo MR SE - 324whp/312wtq
    2004 Saturn Vue - Daily beater

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Dude that's awesome. There used to be these dudes that would modify bugs in my back alley and have the rear bonnet clear like that. I thought it was the most awesome things when they would finish and run them around the block. Kudos!

I had a 72 bug and a few ghias, 67, 68, and 71. Loved them cars.
    2014 SL - sold
    2017 Nismo Custom intercooler and pipes, injen exhaust, CAI, strut bar, sway bar, dynamat everywhere, head liner fabric, pulley, catch can, aero force gauges, carbon fiber steering wheel, tow hitch, Diode Dynamic low beams, tuned, japspeed radiator, skid plate, willwood brakes, stainless steel brake lines, 25mm spacers, hydrodip inisde trim, carbon fiber trim outside, and Yakima track roof rack system.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Hehe glad you fulfilled your promise, Bugzilla looks good so far, there's gonna be some noise and rattling inside though with the engine sitting right behind you!

I love it, always had a sweet spot for the bugs as Porsche 911 has always been and always will be my dream car.
    2011 Juke DIG-T 6MT - RAYS Engineering Forged from a Z33 - Front 18x8JJxET30 on Nankang 225/45/18, Rear 18x8.5JJxET33 on Hifly 245/45/18
    EBC Greenstuff Front & Rear,Injen CAI + Hydroshield,
    Forge BOV, Milltek Sport Cat-Back & 2nd Cat Delete, Hertz HCX 164.5 Co-ax, Lots of Dynamat all around,JellyBelly air freshener
    Incoming - Z34Full Brake Kit, Forge I/C, Samco Silicone Coolant Hoses, EcuTek Remap, Hella Horns, TEIN Coilovers, 2J Pulley, Forge Wastegate Actuator, Engine Dress Up

Thanks guys! A build like this has been a long time dream of mine so I am glad I can finally do it. Just wish I actually had more time to work on it... Hoping to be driving it to work in the next couple months.

Igor - I told you I would! And yes it is going to clunk and rattle like none other. I figured I would have enough noises to hear to the point where I dont need a radio!

But that's what a man's car should be like, raw, noisy and meaner than a high school bully.

Haha my old man's friend used to own a 2001 Mini Cooper with some sort of a V6 sitting behind the front seats he used it as a drag racer and we were once driving down this road and I was so tired of all the noise I actually tried tuning the radio's volume knob thinking it'd turn the exhaust down hahahaha.
    Just car guy things...

All the best on your project matey looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
    2011 Juke DIG-T 6MT - RAYS Engineering Forged from a Z33 - Front 18x8JJxET30 on Nankang 225/45/18, Rear 18x8.5JJxET33 on Hifly 245/45/18
    EBC Greenstuff Front & Rear,Injen CAI + Hydroshield,
    Forge BOV, Milltek Sport Cat-Back & 2nd Cat Delete, Hertz HCX 164.5 Co-ax, Lots of Dynamat all around,JellyBelly air freshener
    Incoming - Z34Full Brake Kit, Forge I/C, Samco Silicone Coolant Hoses, EcuTek Remap, Hella Horns, TEIN Coilovers, 2J Pulley, Forge Wastegate Actuator, Engine Dress Up

Well I have been slowly working away on the body. This is by far my least favorite thing to do. It makes your arms hurt, time consuming, lots of prepping and tons of dust. My whole garage is now white, the Miata went from red to white, and even though I parked the Juke out on the street, it is still has white dust on it. Good thing it was raining this morning! Everything got a bath.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Storm Trooper; 04-13-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Love it. Keep the pictures coming.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

Time for another update! I have been slaving away in the garage for the past couple of weeks doing body work. Yes it sucks. The worst part of building a car! My whole garage is white now. But at least the Bug is starting to look good. I should have it all done and painted tonight though.

The body was actually pretty straight. This was the worst panel but all the others took only a little bondo.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)