Bugzilla - When the Juke just isnt enough - Page 50
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Bugzilla - When the Juke just isnt enough

I got me a cheap beater! Not what I was expecting to end up with but it should be very practical. Its got the same engine and trans as my Bug (yes manual trans!) so I am very familiar with it and that a big plus. Its a 04 Saturn Vue and I picked it up for $1900. Super clean inside and out. I figure if it falls apart on me, I at least have a spare engine and trans for the Bug haha.

Name:  20190305_081907.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  294.2 KB
    2012 Juke SV AWD - Sold 2015
    2015 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - Sold 2018
    2006 Evo MR SE - 324whp/312wtq
    2004 Saturn Vue - Daily beater

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    I got me a cheap beater! Not what I was expecting to end up with but it should be very practical. Its got the same engine and trans as my Bug (yes manual trans!) so I am very familiar with it and that a big plus. Its a 04 Saturn Vue and I picked it up for $1900. Super clean inside and out. I figure if it falls apart on me, I at least have a spare engine and trans for the Bug haha.

WHAT? Just swap it. The next Bug owner will never know.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

The Bug engine in it would be a blast! Would not get good gas mileage though. I was already thinking of adding a blower to it since that would be cheap and easy but I dont think there is anyway to tune it. I will have to explore my options of piggyback systems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

You will find a way.

Whats a SC limited to ? 8-10 psi thereabouts so you dont knock and blow up ?
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Stock engine, I wouldnt go past 8 psi. The stock rods like to see whats outside the block if pushed harder. Drop the compression a little, add some h-beam rods and forged pistons, good for 13-15 psi on our horrible 91 octane. That would equate to about 325fhp @ 15 psi.

Update time! Ever since my last track day, a new drivetrain whine has developed. I am pretty sure its coming from the rear end. Apparently rebuilding Evo rear ends is not cheap. I was quoted about $2500. So I said nope, I will find a used one. Well even used ones are nearly impossible to find for under $1000. I ended up finding one that was rebuilt and had an upgraded LSD and bought it for a decent price. The guy is converting his Evo to electric and had a massive part out. So that will be going in sometime. I also ordered 1200cc injectors and a ethanol content sensor so that I can finally pour in some E85 and turn the boost up even more! Should have everything done over the next couple of weeks. 400 whp here we come!

So whats is the status ?

New rear end is still sitting in my garage and has not made its way into the Evo yet. New injectors are in and tuned. I also put a Turbosmart electric boost solenoid in so now the ecu fully controls boost. I needed to do that so it can automatically up the boost when on e85. Ethanol sensor showed up this morning. I already have all the new fittings and hose to get it installed. Supposed to be getting a fuel rail tomorrow that has an extra port in it so I can add fuel psi for my ecu to see. Then I just have to wire in the ethanol sensor and fuel psi sensor and e85 will be going in the tank for testing. If all goes good this weekend, it will be ready for e85 by Monday. Just have to burn off the rest of the gas thats in the tank. And that wont be hard since it gets terrible gas mileage.

It may sound like a lot of work but I have everything mapped out and pretty much ready to go which will save me a lot of time. Gas prices have shot up out here so I want to get this done sooner then later. 91 = $4.40 a gallon. E85 = $2.70 a gallon. From what I am told, e85 will only drop me 2 mpg so in the long run, all this will pay for itself!

Well I lost I think 5 mpg on my SHO around town on E85 vs 93. And that was a conservative tune being the fuel system cant handle true E85 fuel flow at max power. But I am in the same boat. I think E85 here is $1.20 a gallon cheaper. Thank god I have a 19 gallon tank.

I am sure your SHO gets better mileage then the Evo. I'm excited when I get 17 mpg. This tank is going to be real bad. I have been tuning it pretty much every day and have had the o2 feedback off. I'm at 70 miles and a hair over a half tank left....

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)