vibration not figured out?!
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vibration not figured out?!

vibration not figured out?!

2011 nissan juke s
    almost 65k miles
    cvt trans
    awd

Ok. so here's what happened. I put an oil catch can on my Juke. After the can was placed, in a completely appropriate manner, i noticed my gas pedal started to have a very subtle, random vibration. I took the oil catch can off and put everything back the way it was, complete to manufacture standard. However, the vibration stayed. To be completely honest, i don't think the issue is related, i'm just stating everything that happened when this problem started, just to cover myself. Its been 3 days now, and the vibration hasn't changed. Its very weird, because it happens so, inconsistently. I have however, noticed that it gets more pronounced at high, and very low RPM's, and only when its in Drive. I doesn't happen in Park or Neutral. I thought at one point it might be my tires/brakes/steering, ect. But.. it doesn't happen when i brake or turn and it doesn't increase at high speeds, (so far, up to 80 mph). So, here's a curve ball. I had my transmission serviced at 64k'ish, (manufacturer recommendations suggest 60k), about 800 miles ago. It was a drain and fill, with CVT fluid. When i checked the trans dipstick, the fluid was pretty low, so we topped it off to regular level. I though that maybe that could be it, since it was an RPM thing, but the vibration is still there. I'm going crazy not knowing what in the world this could be, please HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Do you have a SRI or CAI? If so, I'd put money that it's touching the brake boost tank and / or it's metal to metal inside one of the silicone sleeves.

Jack your car up and check the exhaust. My secondary cat just rusted off of the flange and was causing vibration in the pedals mainly at low and high rpm.
    Upgrades/Mods:
    Injen SRI
    Injen 3" Catback Exhaust
    Kiwi bluetooth OBDII adapter connected to Torque

Plans: IC Hardpipes, DV+Chargepipe upgrade, GTM Rebuilt turbo (tentative on info release), Injen Downpipe, 2nd Cat delete, Upgraded fuel system, Nav console replacement with Android tablet, Wheels/rims, HID lights, Fog lights, LED light replacement, Intercooler, Stainless steel brake lines

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

no aftermarket anything but a greddy bov.
    ill look into the exhaust tomorrow.
    i did tighten down the bov cause i did have it wide open to get the loudest sound from the bov. also replaced a vac line that looked alittle pinched. as of now it seems to run good. ill give it awhile before i confirm to get the thread closure.
    thank you guys.

I have some what of same issue I have 48k started at 46-47kish .. dealee told me its the brakes and that they had to be replaced I disagreed because they told me rear needed to be replaced last oil change ... so I replaced rear myself and found nothingwrong... so when they told me I needed front brakes and this would fix the issue I disagreed but went home ordered new brakes replaced now 3 days later after new brakes I still have the same vibration ...mine only does it when going right on ramps

i have the same issue now, my car is completely stock....I'll have to do some digging around i guess. Anyone have a fix?

Have a bad vibrations on my 2012 Juke 1.5 88,000 km. Only happens at very low speed. Nissan said it was something touching near the fuel filter. They said it was fixed but when I drove the vibrations were coming though the accelerator pedal really bad. Nissan are now changing the engine mounts and Bushings.

Anyone get an answer on this? My 2011 S FWD CVT started to have much more vibration on any use of the gas pedal. sometimes worse than at other times, especially uphill at 45MPH or so. But even at 1500RPM it will vibrate. Lay of the gas or put in neutral, it goes away completely. All new tires, yesterday and no difference. I can rev to redline in neutral with no vibration. Some of the things I've read suggested issue with the axels & CV joints, or transmission case, metal shavings in the transmission fluid. Folks at firestone listened to it lifted up and said the transmission was making a noise like something was in there. Otherwise drives fine, but fearing a very expensive repair. Oddly, seemed to crop up first leaving my 60K mile service (which only involved oil change since everything looked good to them at the dealer). Anything they could have messed up that caused this, such as failing to tighten something when they checked all the fluids? Definitely not the torque mounts, as those were deemed to be fine.

Did anybody happen to loosen any of the strut top bolts while adding accessories? There are three bolts, and most strut tower bars (STB) bolt using the two exposed bolts, and not the third (hidden under a seal within the cowl trim). Maybe check those for clunking sounds. After that, sounds when under drive/power can lend themselves to a failed CV joint, but I'm just wondering if something that might have backed off, or been loosened for service and not holding torque, is what's showing up. Sounds like vehicles that were on a lift for something, came back down, and now have an imbalanced knocking sound.
    2011 Nissan Juke 6MT
    Hidden Content

For mine it ended up being a torn boot. Right front axle replaced for $1000 solved the problem. No more vibration.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)