New to me Juke CVT issues
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to me Juke CVT issues

New to me Juke CVT issues

Hello! I have just purchased a Juke 3-30-19. I have been driving it around town for a couple weeks with no problems. First road trip and about 1.5 hrs on the interstate and the car went into limp mode with the check engine light coming on. I bought this car at a roadside dealership which provided me with a powertrain warranty. The car is now at a Nissan dealer who tells me I need a new CVT. The third party warranty people want to provide a used/unknown mileage CVT!! The manufacture warranty ran out last month 3-15-19 and it only has 44K miles. The Service Manager at Nissan told me I had to and I did open a case with Nissan. He seems very unhappy having to deal with the third party warranty- but that is all I have. I am wondering if there are certain words- besides the facts, that may influence Nissan to Goodwill me the difference of what the third party warranty will pay? I haven't even made my first payment! Yikes!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lemara086 View Post
    Hello! I have just purchased a Juke 3-30-19. I have been driving it around town for a couple weeks with no problems. First road trip and about 1.5 hrs on the interstate and the car went into limp mode with the check engine light coming on. I bought this car at a roadside dealership which provided me with a powertrain warranty. The car is now at a Nissan dealer who tells me I need a new CVT. The third party warranty people want to provide a used/unknown mileage CVT!! The manufacture warranty ran out last month 3-15-19 and it only has 44K miles. The Service Manager at Nissan told me I had to and I did open a case with Nissan. He seems very unhappy having to deal with the third party warranty- but that is all I have. I am wondering if there are certain words- besides the facts, that may influence Nissan to Goodwill me the difference of what the third party warranty will pay? I haven't even made my first payment! Yikes!!
    Bring the car back to where you bought it, get your money back. Simple.
    2016 SL AWD Pearl white. Colour matched spoiler, rubber ducky, fuzzy dice, arm rest, sometimes a roof rack.
    Gen2 Visconti Tune, 2Jr pulley, 2Jr SRI
    2Jr midpipe installation coming soon (stupid seized nuts). Hidden Content
    Eibach pro-kit spring install SOON
    Custom black FMIC create/install sooner rather than later

Gen2 boost controller/gauge/f'erupper still in the works (if you don't know it find it or go away)

moved these posts out of an unrelated thread.

OP, welcome to the forums and sorry to hear you're having issues with your Juke. Most 3rd party warranties will only replace with used or re-manufactured, or OEM equivalent (but not OEM) replacement parts. Nissan might help you out, but I would be on the phone with the place you bought it from and ask them for assistance.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD "Hidden Content "
    Injen - CAI w/ Aux Tube, Midpipe, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact Recirc Valve
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley, UpRev Tune ~22psi
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Strut Bar
    Stillen - Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge
    Gen 2 Taillights, HID Retrofit Headlights

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I would change that CVT fluid asap first.

Many a dealership has diagnosed a bad CVT and it only needed new fluid.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

7. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)