New squeak noise coming from the rear of Juke
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New squeak noise coming from the rear of Juke

New squeak noise coming from the rear of Juke

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Juke, only 30,000 miles on it and recently I noticed a slight squeak noise coming from what sounds like the rear driver side area. I noticed it when I was going slow and turning to the left one day and now it seems like I hear it when I slowly turn left or go over a bump and turning left.

I removed the rear drivers side tire to see if I could see anything in there making the noise. I couldn't but I sprayed down all the bushings I could see around that area just in case. I checked the trunk around the spare tire and jack area, all is tight there and doesn't seem to be coming from there.

I crawled underneath the car and made sure no exhaust shield or anything was squeaking, couldn't find anything there making any noise.

I'm totally stumped and have only noticed this squeak starting about 2 / 3 weeks ago out of nowhere. Anyone have any ideas what it is or where to look next?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Most of my noise comes from random things inside the center console bin like coins, keychains, mini tools, etc. The noises always seem to sound like the right (passenger) rear. I usually just stick my hand in there and juggle everything around and it will stop. For the moment.

Also, my front passenger speaker tends to make a noise every once in a while, like the door card rubbing on the front of the speaker. But it's not really a squeak or squeal sound.

Might want to quickly check those 2 things.
    2012 Juke SL AWD Sapphire Black
    Hidden Content

Have someone ride in the right rear and listen to isolate the noise area.

Take it through a car was and see if it disappears.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Seems like I only hear it when I turn left....is there a bushing or something I should be looking for on the right rear side that might be making a slight squeak sound?

Its not a brake pad is it ?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Lots of rubber back there. That's why I say car wash. If it goes away. It's exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Lots of rubber back there. That's why I say car wash. If it goes away. It's exterior.

I washed the car, squeak didn't go away. Had a new muffler installed today too - squeak still there after muffler replaced.

Its not a brake pad is it ?

Doesn't sound like a break pad squeak - sounds more like a bushing or something metal rubbing in the back somewhere. Seems to me like the driver side rear. When I took the tire off to look in there, didn't see anything visual that would be causing it. I don't hear it driving straight or going over bumps straight on. I hear it any slower speeds usually turning left over a bump or turning left into a parking spot. Its not super loud just this little squeak that makes you say.."what the heck is that"

Two things. So.you have the Rockford sound system.

Could be the top strut bushing.

Two things. So.you have the Rockford sound system.

Could be the top strut bushing.

Not sure what sound system is in the car, nothing fancy...that's for sure. All stock.

As far as the strut bushing, is there a way to get access to that to spray some lube or grease on it?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)