Oil Pressure light comes on when idling
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil Pressure light comes on when idling

Oil Pressure light comes on when idling

Hi all, driving a 2011 juke SL with a DIG Turbo engine, just under 111,000 miles.

Just made an account here to see what you guys think. My oil pressure light came on while I was parked about a month ago; been fiddling around/researching since, here's what I've come up with:

Whenever the engine is warmed up and idling, the oil pressure light will come on. It is never steady, but flickers on and off. However, it will always come on under these conditions. I've got a full tank of oil and brand new oil filter, last oil change was less than 1000 miles ago. I don't have a mechanical oil gauge installed, but I feel like this is not an issue with the sensor/switch considering the circumstances.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any ideas on causes/where to go from here? Should I just switch to thicker oil? Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

what is the idle at ?

Upping the idle +100rpm or so might fix it.

What brand oil fliter ?

Run a can of https://www.amazon.com/Bg109-Engine-...r_1_fkmrnull_4 and follow the directions.

Make sure you are running Synthetic. I would not run a thicker grade oil yet.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Hi thanks for the response.

Idle is around 700 rpm, I am not sure oil filter brand. I will try out that EPR and upping the idle rpm. Will post with results. Thank you!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Well make sure you use a Nissan Filter.

You can just change it w/o changing the oil. Just add a little oil in afterwards.
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

If your oil pressure is tripping the light, then you have an oil pump or bearing issue. I highly recommend having an oil pressure test done using a mechanical oil pressure gauge. The oil pressure light is just a switch on the engine. Its either on or off based in a min pressure spec. If your oil is full and new, this should not be happening. Again. Get it properly diagnosed asap. You dont want to be driving one day and lose all oil pressure. You will be very SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true. But the wrong oil filter can wreak havoc. Easy to install the wrong filter.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)