AWD Manual Conversion - Redux - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AWD Manual Conversion - Redux

That was initially my plan but with the costs involved with that I immediately ruled that out as I am just an IT systems administrator with no real training outside of making small models for 3d printing. I feel like the costs involved in making an entire transmission case half from scratch would be rather expensive even for me. If you are needing measurements of anything I can totally provide them for you just send me a PM or something. I have both the RS 6 speed and an AWD CVT with transfer case sitting in my garage. The one thing you will have to note is that the manual transmission used in the RS (RS6F52H) is completely different than the one used in the non-rs manual cars (RS6F94R). I was able to find a LSD that may actually mate to the Juke transfer case with no machine work needed but since I am not going that route I haven't dug into it too much.

I was able to find a transmission in Japan for less than $1000 but the big factor will be getting it shipped to the USA then the freight involved in shipping it to me. If I am right I won't need anything else from Japan or Europe but we will see if that is actually the case. We will see when I actually get my hands on the x-trail transmission though.
    14 Nissan Juke Nismo RS AWD
    90 Toyota Celica All-Trac
    78 Datsun 280Z - 1UZ Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I'm recovering from back surgery so my ability to do much car related is severely limited to what my patience tolerates teaching the kids. As for shipping, get a hold of one of those companies that gets the container fulls of JDM engines and sells them. See if they can import one for you. They can probably get the transmission cheaper and it is just a small slot in their container so shipping to the states shouldn't be much. The shipping to your house would be the worst.

Hope you feel better soon, I had back surgery in '05, and it was definitely not the most fun I've ever had with my clothes off.

Quote Originally Posted by H9Z711 View Post
    I'm recovering from back surgery so my ability to do much car related is severely limited to what my patience tolerates teaching the kids. As for shipping, get a hold of one of those companies that gets the container fulls of JDM engines and sells them. See if they can import one for you. They can probably get the transmission cheaper and it is just a small slot in their container so shipping to the states shouldn't be much. The shipping to your house would be the worst.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by H9Z711 View Post
    I know you pain I spent a few months recovering from a surgery myself not too long ago, I was going nuts not being able to work on any of my car projects. As for shipping I'm already two steps ahead of you and I have been talking to just such a place since last week about getting transmission brought in with a container of other stuff. The hardest part will just be waiting for the container to fill up and get shipped here. lol

The transmission has been ordered and it was actually fairly inexpensive all things considered it cost me around $750 and will probably end up being just under $1000 by the time I get the transmission shipped to me. I will probably see the transmission in a month or two at the most.

I just got an email from my importer and it looks like the container with my transmission is on its way here to the US. I was told I likely wont receive the transmission for 2-3 months which sucks but it gives me time to finish some projects that are ahead of the Juke.

I'm impressed with the pricing you got. I know it's still a huge and probably expensive job, but still. What was your basic approach to getting the electronics to interact with one another in a Frankenjuke?
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

As far as the electronics go the plan is to make the car think it's a front wheel drive manual car and to control the clutch packs in the rear end with a aftermarket controller. I may still run into some issues but that actually really simplifies the whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by FlannelFairlady View Post
    As far as the electronics go the plan is to make the car think it's a front wheel drive manual car and to control the clutch packs in the rear end with a aftermarket controller. I may still run into some issues but that actually really simplifies the whole process.
    That will be cool. Sorta like a trailer brake setup. Dial in the bias you want.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    That will be cool. Sorta like a trailer brake setup. Dial in the bias you want.
    Yeah pretty much like that, you have the ability to choose your power distribution based the gforce sensors and throttle position. The only thing I'm not 100% certain of is how the ABS system will react to this but I'll figure that out when I get to that point.

The great part is since it's the same internals as the Nismo RS transmission I shouldn't have too much of an issue with the transmission holding up as far as power is concerned.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)