Another bad HP fuel pump
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another bad HP fuel pump

Another bad HP fuel pump

A week ago I went out to start my 2012 Juke SL and it had a hard start... it cranked for a few extra seconds... and then started. The check engine light immediately came on. I drove it and it had a very significant power drop off after 3000 rpm. Checked the codes it threw and they were 90 (High pressure fuel pump) and 87 (low fuel pressure). Since I already had an appointment to have the recall (timing chain) work done, I figured I'd let them take a look at the fuel issue just to make sure they agreed with my findings. They did. Long story short.. my question for anyone out there is... Do we know of any other suppliers of this part than Nissan Parts.... they want $800 for it ....and Nissanpartsdeal.com... they want $600ish. ??? Anywhere else I should look?

Next question.... does anyone out there know the procedure for bleeding all the air out of this system once i get it back together?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum. We have some service techs as members. They will be along soon to help answer your questions.

this thread has some info while you wait.

https://www.jukeforums.com/forum/niss...-failed-2.html

i see used for a little over $100 on eBay
    Last edited by Swiftab; 08-21-2015 at 07:01 AM.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

Is a low mileage refurb available or one from a yard off a low mileage wreck?
    2014 Juke nismo, 6 MT, White, Injen CAI, Injen Catback Exhaust

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Nissan is sole supplier. If you try to take on this job I suggest you download and read the FSM before opening the fuel system. The system can hold over 300psi of residual pressure which is enough to inject fuel into your skin which is serious bad news.
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - JDM Nismo carbon lip & spoiler extensions & tail lights, Seibon GT-R hood, Cusco anti-roll bar, 2JR pulley, Nissan Motorsports cat-back, EFI Logic CAI, Saikou Michi DOCC, Forge IC kit, Injen test-pipe, turbo noob mounts, BC Racing coilovers, Wedssport SA-15R bronze 18x9.5 +38 & 275/35R18 Michelin PSS, AEM AFR and boost gauges, Turbosmart WGA and recirc valve, Go-Autoworks DP, Akebono bbk with 2-piece rotors
    241 whp and 323 ft-lbs @24psi on UpRev tune
    Hidden Content

I do have the repair manual for the car (wouldn't attempt this without it). The precautions, fuel pressure release procedure, removal and installation, is well spelled out. I haven't found the line bleeding procedure in there yet. Will keep looking.... but if anyone knows the procedure it would be much appreciated.

Usually after pulling the fuel pump fuse I let the engine run until it dies. Then keep cranking it for several tries afterwards to try to get the rest out. Then when you start to loosen the hardline at the high pressure pump very slowly turn it until it quits seeping fuel. Have several shop rags handy to soak up the mess.
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - JDM Nismo carbon lip & spoiler extensions & tail lights, Seibon GT-R hood, Cusco anti-roll bar, 2JR pulley, Nissan Motorsports cat-back, EFI Logic CAI, Saikou Michi DOCC, Forge IC kit, Injen test-pipe, turbo noob mounts, BC Racing coilovers, Wedssport SA-15R bronze 18x9.5 +38 & 275/35R18 Michelin PSS, AEM AFR and boost gauges, Turbosmart WGA and recirc valve, Go-Autoworks DP, Akebono bbk with 2-piece rotors
    241 whp and 323 ft-lbs @24psi on UpRev tune
    Hidden Content

Success. After searching for this part ...extensively.... I bought one from NissanPartsDeal.com to the tune of $690. It got here in a few days and the replacement procedure couldn't have been simpler. The operation went down without a hitch and the Juke is back to it's old peppy self. Thanks for the assistance gents. MV

10. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)