Finally figured out the "Auto" controls of my heater
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally figured out the "Auto" controls of my heater

Finally figured out the "Auto" controls of my heater

yea haw...who would have thought you had to turn the air conditioner off when you turn on the heater to get the auto climate control, I knew there was a reason I had read that section for six months and it didn't seem to make any sense. Keep reading, you'll figure it out too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yeah, the auto climate controls are complicated- I have it on the Juke and MazdaSpeed 3. Seems when ever you want to warm or cool the air the AC wants to run, regardless. You have to go through so much just to adjust the temperature of incoming air- turn on AC, adjust the temperature, turn off the AC. I don't like running the AC unless I really need it- it sucks up power, worse MPG and wears the AC compressor- which is a really expensive part to replace. Here in FL AC compressors and especially belts wear out fast as most people run their AC continuously all the time year round.

Not sure I understand your post: you get manual controls when you turn off the AC for heat. This is true of whether you want AC or heat: pressing the big button turns on 'auto' and as soon as you make any other adjustment (fan speed, temp etc) you are no longer using auto settings and can make changes. The only thing you can't do (which really aggravates me) is have the air intake change from external to internal when using heat.
    I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody. Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wryker View Post
    Not sure I understand your post: you get manual controls when you turn off the AC for heat. This is true of whether you want AC or heat: pressing the big button turns on 'auto' and as soon as you make any other adjustment (fan speed, temp etc) you are no longer using auto settings and can make changes. The only thing you can't do (which really aggravates me) is have the air intake change from external to internal when using heat.
    If I press the "Auto" button for heater control , the AC button lights up, creating additional drag and increased gas consumption, I then must push the AC button to turn off the AC and keep the heater in auto mode. Same thing happens if you push the defroster button, the AC button comes on, you must then push the AC button to turn it off and keep the defroster on. Here is how I must access auto heat control: Press any button on the right, push the on button, adjust temp, push the auto button, turn off the AC, verify the auto climate control is engaged. Makes very little sense to me when its 24 degree out why in the hell the AC would come on, even if the temp is set higher than the outside temp, I am sure no one wants to spend additional money for NOTHING! I like my Juke, but it's not perfect I am sure with some refinement, they could make it much better than it already is.

If I press the "Auto" button for heater control , the AC button lights up, creating additional drag and increased gas consumption, I then must push the AC button to turn off the AC and keep the heater in auto mode. Same thing happens if you push the defroster button, the AC button comes on, you must then push the AC button to turn it off and keep the defroster on. Here is how I must access auto heat control: Press any button on the right, push the on button, adjust temp, push the auto button, turn off the AC, verify the auto climate control is engaged. Makes very little sense to me when its 24 degree out why in the hell the AC would come on, even if the temp is set higher than the outside temp, I am sure no one wants to spend additional money for NOTHING! I like my Juke, but it's not perfect I am sure with some refinement, they could make it much better than it already is. I was sure I had my inside recirc running in heat mode when I was going through the manual practicing my button pushing exercises, I think you have to hold it for 1.5 seconds, but not absolutely sure, I was just trying to focus on one portion of the heating chapter at a time.

Running the AC during heat or Defrost helps remove moisture from the air. In climates like Seattle where the humidity is as at 90+% most of the year its a must. If you do not run the AC the windows will fog up quickly about 9 months out of the year.

. The only thing you can't do (which really aggravates me) is have the air intake change from external to internal when using heat.
    Hold the internal recirc button for a few seconds once you turn on the heater, then you will have to shut of the AC again, the recirc button should stay lighted. I verified it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollster View Post
    Hold the internal recirc button for a few seconds once you turn on the heater, then you will have to shut of the AC again, the recirc button should stay lighted. I verified it today.
    Which model do you have? I don't have a heater button to turn on. I have the ICON unit so I set the 'temperature' I want to have.

I have the icon system as well, when I say turn on the heater, I am speaking about any button on the right side of the screen which I presume are heater controls (Because the AC does not come on when you press one). Then set the temp as you said with the dial, then press and hold the recirculation button at the bottom of the screen. once you do that, you will see the AC button on the left side of the screen light up, press that to turn off the compressor, and your heater should be recirculating from the interior. Meaning the first button you pressed on the right side and the recirculation button should be the only ones still lit up. Hope it helps, it hard to write down, much the same as the manual, even harder to understand what Nissan and I are trying to say. But give it a try. Pretty much any time the AC light comes on when you are trying to run the heater, either in manual or automatic, simply press it to turn off the compressor. The outside and recirc buttons at the bottom of the icon screen you have to hold to activate for a second or two, then shut off the AC as needed. Sorry about the confusion Wryker. Let me know if it works out
    Last edited by Tollster; 01-11-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollster View Post
    I have the icon system as well, when I say turn on the heater, I am speaking about any button on the right side of the screen which I presume are heater controls (Because the AC does not come on when you press one). Then set the temp as you said with the dial, then press and hold the recirculation button at the bottom of the screen. once you do that, you will see the AC button on the left side of the screen light up, press that to turn off the compressor, and your heater should be recirculating from the interior. Meaning the first button you pressed on the right side and the recirculation button should be the only ones still lit up. Hope it helps, it hard to write down, much the same as the manual, even harder to understand what Nissan and I are trying to say. But give it a try. Pretty much any time the AC light comes on when you are trying to run the heater, either in manual or automatic, simply press it to turn off the compressor. The outside and recirc buttons at the bottom of the icon screen you have to hold to activate for a second or two, then shut off the AC as needed. Sorry about the confusion Wryker. Let me know if it works out
    Ok -thanks for that info but now I realize I wasn't fully clear in my post: you can't recirculate the air inside the car when you turn on the 'defrost': as soon as you press the front window button it auto-switches to external air and there's no way to get it to recirculate. Something I always did in my prior cars to help defrost the windshield faster (and warm up the interior faster)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)