2013 Juke Nismo
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Juke Nismo

2013 Juke Nismo

My Juke has been losing power going down the highway, I will be going 70 miles an hour, and it will just start losing power, it will eventually slow down to 20 miles an hour and will not go any faster, starts whining if I try, this has happened a half dozen times, usually if I shut the car off and restart in 5-10 minutes it seems to be okay again, tonight it happened again and it wouldn't fix itself as usual, does anyone have any idea what could cause this, I have heard alternator which the battery level is high, so that doesn't make a lot of sense, I have heard something about a turbo throttle??? Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Sounds like you cvt transmission is going into "safe" mode. As the temperature rises in your transmission, the fluid is less effective in transferring power thru the belt system. You will need to do a drain and fill to get new fluid into the transmission. You may have more severe issues but will be one place to start.

It was explained to me that cvt fluid has tiny rubber balls in it. Use and heat will degrade the fluid by crushing and shredding these little balls. This allows the metal belts and pulleys to make contact. Slipping and further damage will occur so safe mode is used to protect from further damage.

I think the owners manual advises for cvt servicing every 60,000 miles. Many here recommend a drain and fill by 30,000.

Start here: https://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nis...rain-fill.html

If you do the drain and fill procedure, you will need Nissan NS-2 fluid (2015 and later non-Nismo RS models use the Nissan NS-3 fluid). 5 quarts will usually do. Read thru the above thread for the full procedure.
    Last edited by Swiftab; Today at 09:59 AM.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

4. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)