Needs engine replacement - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needs engine replacement

There’s a Nissan dealership (Regal Nissan) that’s a sponsor for these forums, but I’ve never used them. We’ve also found a parts store online run by a different Nissan dealership with decent prices (Nissan parts deal dot com). I’ve used them and they’re reasonable and fast.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD "Hidden Content "
    Injen - CAI w/ Aux Tube, Midpipe, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact Recirc Valve
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley, UpRev Tune ~22psi
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Strut Bar
    Stillen - Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge
    Gen 2 Taillights, HID Retrofit Headlights

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Well guys, I ordered the engine. I ran the vin on the engine and it is coming out of a 2014 RS model with 38k miles on it. It was totaled from a front right collision. The Juke was a 6MT like mine, so I’m hoping there will be minimal issues with the install. The shop quoted me at $1400, the engine cost $800, and the shipping from Florida to VA is $200. This $2400 price beats the hell out of the $6800 and $2k install Nissan quoted me at. Hopefully it all works out. Thanks for the assistance all. I will probably be looking to do some light mods on it once it is up and running again.

maybe I’ll go with the Garrett GTX5533R I’ve been hearing about ��. I bet I can get it to spool to 5lbs at 6k rpms.
    Last edited by JohnnyboyLOL; 03-25-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Oh thats a decent price if she runs super well. I would take an RS engine any day.

Keep us posted. We would love to hear the after install reactions and post a video too to Youtube and link us here. Its actually exciting.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Yeah definitely. I’ll post a before vid too so you can hear the difference. I found some service history on the car it came out of so I’m guessing they got it serviced regularly at Nissan. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I’m expecting some hang ups and parts needing to be replaced if the mechanic breaks them while swapping everything over. I already bought an oil filter, oil, and the belts for it. Gonna order plugs and the rest of the fluids next so everything will be fresh.

Order a new or upgraded oil feed line for the turbo while you're at it. these are known to clog and starve the turbo of oil. Matt from Fast Religion sells an upgraded oil feed line. I would expect maybe an exhaust bolt on the turbo outlet flange to break. Those are possibly the worst to get to and replace.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD "Hidden Content "
    Injen - CAI w/ Aux Tube, Midpipe, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact Recirc Valve
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley, UpRev Tune ~22psi
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Strut Bar
    Stillen - Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge
    Gen 2 Taillights, HID Retrofit Headlights

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Nissan Factory Service Manuals for the Juke are once again available at NICOclub.com https://nicoclub.com/archives/nissan...e-manuals.html

It will take some time to down load all the sections but it's good to have. Note, the FWD.pdf file is the index for the manual, which seems to be missing for model year 2015, if you need it grab the one from 2016.
    Last edited by dude59; 03-26-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Jukes '14 SL AWD Graphite Blue & '12 SL AWD Chrome Silver (his & hers) also '91 BMW 318is.

Dude does not screw around with his rights as a consumer. Cheers, patriot.

PS- I have 2015. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll invite you (or whoever) to my Dropbox.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

Well, the sourced engine was sold already. The place I got it from had another RS engine with 45k miles that came out of a juke with a minor front end collision due to the airbag deploying. It has 45k miles and I was able to find a full service history on it. Looks like it was serviced at Nissan every 4K miles religiously. They also knocked off $200 on the sale price for the inconvenience, so $600 and $200 shipping for a 45k mile engine still is ok in my eyes. Should be here on Monday and installed.

now I just have to get the turbo feed line as you all recommended and I think that’s gonna be about it until stuff gets broken by the mechanic during the install.

Still a good deal. She should be running well for you soon. At least you will have a good motor.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Got the motor installed. There’s a slight rattling sound under startup and when shut off probably due to something being loose. There’s also a weird noise under hard acceleration at 4K and I have seen what appears to be a loss of boost or fuel cut/sputtering at hard acceleration around 5k. I’m thinking it is a boost leak but I’ll know for sure when I get it looked at again. Other than those two things, it is running extremely smooth and quiet. I almost forgot how nice this engine runs without that crank rattle.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)