P0090 and p0087 fuel pump engine codes.
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P0090 and p0087 fuel pump engine codes.

P0090 and p0087 fuel pump engine codes.

So after I finished installing engine etc. On first start I had codes p0087 and p0090.

From what I've seen (87) in tank pump (90) high pressure pump.

I'm curious how they would both go bad from sitting. I replaced the in tank pump thinking it was the issue to both codes and now no current (87) but still have p0090. Is there a way for me to specifically test the high pressure pump itself? I checked fuses multiple times and no issues there. But maybe I'm skipping something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I would contact the MRP guy. He responds to his Youtube channel. He has replaced and torn apart Jukes. Or this guy on Facebook. He has answered some questions for me. He has done the same with rebuilding Jukes.......

Lars Wolfe ....... https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLarsWolfe/?fref=ts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC72...hJCuR6QH779JDg
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Me and Lars normally talk daily he has helped me a ton. I'm still having issues hopefully someone had experience. Now I put a good in tank pump and 0087 went off and 0090 stayed but now they switch back and forth and not sure if it's because the high pressure pump is bad or what.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Could it be that you have to do things in order like back in the day when installing a printer on your PC ?

P/M Cypherman here in the forums. He had a fuel pump issue and corrected it. Forget his code. I will Facebook him to see this thread too.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

So I had an issue awhile back shortly after my 100 octane tune. My AFRs were all over the place and I was throwing a code. I forget the exact one but it was one that could be multiple issues fuel related.

The fuel pump was already taken out once and everything was checked and it was working as well as the high pressure in the engine bay. You should be able to even hear them start if you run just the electrical. I fixed my issue by buying a new locking plate and o-ring for the fuel pump under the rear seats. The smallest amount of dirt on the ring was enough to throw a code. After replacement I have been running good since then. This may not solve your issue but that's what happened to me so who knows. Throwing codes for a fuel issue is a pain with figuring out the cause since it could be something simple as a gas cap..lol!
    2013 Nismo juke AWD: K&N SRI, Custom 3inch turboback exhaust, HID, 2j racing crank pulley, gtm IC pipes, synapse DV, TS Wastegate act., tanabe strut bar, UPREV Tune (map 1-21psi, map 2: Aggressive 21psi, map 3: 18psi 11.1PSI, Map 4: Valet 4000rpm limited, Map 5: 100 octane 23PSI), Gtm downpipe, Stillen Rear Sway Bar, seibon gtr style carbon fiber hood, mrp upper/lower engine mounts, mgp caliper covers, r1 concepts slotted/drilled rotors, mrp dedicated oil cooler, mrp 3-1 cooler, mrp FMIC.

see what a pain.. when i changed the pump i cleaned off the o ring surface and o ring so hopefully thats not the issue now. my main code is for the high pressure pump. I hear it running but have no idea how to test. at idle i am around 70psi(intank pump pressure) according to cipher/ but dont have anyone else that can check idle pressure to confirm

9. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)