fuel pump fuse- HP pump replacement
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fuel pump fuse- HP pump replacement

fuel pump fuse- HP pump replacement

I need to replace the HP fuel pump on my wife's 2013 S. I of course need to relieve the fuel pressure but when I remove the 10A fuse the engine continues to run. There must be another step? Considering the high PSI of the HP pump I don't want to go any further. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Her Juke has the classic symptoms of HP pump failure: long crank to start with weak acceleration, and HP pump trouble codes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

There are service manuals posted in the general discussion thread. Best to read thru that if you haven't already.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

Are you sure this isn't covered under warranty?

The engine will continue to run for a bit until the fuel in the lines and rail is used up.

If dare to do this yourself you must follow all the steps in the FSM exactly to prevent fuel leaks and damage or harm to the vehicle or yourself.
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - JDM Nismo carbon lip & spoiler extensions & tail lights, Seibon GT-R hood, Cusco anti-roll bar, 2JR pulley, Nissan Motorsports cat-back, EFI Logic CAI, Saikou Michi DOCC, Forge IC kit, Injen test-pipe, turbo noob mounts, BC Racing coilovers, Wedssport SA-15R bronze 18x9.5 +38 & 275/35R18 Michelin PSS, AEM AFR and boost gauges, Turbosmart WGA and recirc valve, Go-Autoworks DP, Akebono bbk with 2-piece rotors
    241 whp and 323 ft-lbs @24psi on UpRev tune
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Index of /FSM/Juke

awesome manual, I have used it to many times.
    2014 SL - sold
    2017 Nismo Custom intercooler and pipes, injen exhaust, CAI, strut bar, sway bar, dynamat everywhere, head liner fabric, pulley, catch can, aero force gauges, carbon fiber steering wheel, tow hitch, Diode Dynamic low beams, tuned, japspeed radiator, skid plate, willwood brakes, stainless steel brake lines, 25mm spacers, hydrodip inisde trim, carbon fiber trim outside, and Yakima track roof rack system.

Thanks much for the replies and concern, guys. The mileage puts it past the factory warranty, unfortunately. I may try again this coming weekend now thinking perhaps the engine does run a while before the fuel in the lines/rail is spent. I do plan to be careful and go step by step as it seems fairly straight forward.
    Last edited by Baxter; 04-25-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Once engine dies, attempt to crank it several more times. Then follow all the steps to a T in the FSM. Make sure you properly torque all connections to prevent fuel leaks. Also follow the steps to rotate the cam so the low point of the lobe is where you can insert the pump with minimum effort to prevent breakage.
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - JDM Nismo carbon lip & spoiler extensions & tail lights, Seibon GT-R hood, Cusco anti-roll bar, 2JR pulley, Nissan Motorsports cat-back, EFI Logic CAI, Saikou Michi DOCC, Forge IC kit, Injen test-pipe, turbo noob mounts, BC Racing coilovers, Wedssport SA-15R bronze 18x9.5 +38 & 275/35R18 Michelin PSS, AEM AFR and boost gauges, Turbosmart WGA and recirc valve, Go-Autoworks DP, Akebono bbk with 2-piece rotors
    Hidden Content

I finally had a free and clear weekend to do this and the engine still runs after the fuse is pulled. I even let it run for over 20 mins.

Are you sure that you pulled the correct fuse?
    Hidden Content

11. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)