Fuel Pump Both Failed
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump Both Failed

Angry Fuel Pump Both Failed

About to go pick up my 2012 Juke SL from South Point Nissan Service.

It's been in the shop since Wednesday, 2/13 - it was having trouble turning over when starting cold, and the dealership said the fuel pump needed replacing.

They replaced the fuel tank fuel pump, but then apparently the high pressure fuel pump near or in the engine had also gone bad, so they had to replace that one as well.

The dealership, which claims to be the highest volume Nissan dealer (I guess on that street here in Austin) didn't have either part in stock, so both had to be ordered and overnighted.

I plan to update this post with more info once I retrieve the car. I have been decidedly non-plussed by the level of information the dealership provided me. Also baffled that Austin's not a big enough metro area to have these parts in a warehouse somewhere in town.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

It would be nice to find out what caused it, good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Wonder if it was the HP Fuel pump in the beginning.

Parts break. Thats ok. It costs money to stock parts everywhere. It is far cheaper to use FEDEX than have more parts on the shelf.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Well, turns out it WAS the HP fuel pump in the first place. I don't know enough about this vehicle to know where that fuel pump is located, but apparently somewhere in the engine compartment. I have no certainty about what could have caused the pump to fail, but I suspect it was just a normal statistical failure. The car has 16,600 miles on it and has been in service since 4/13/12. I've been very pleased with the performance of this car.

Only clues I can add: recently I have started to use the "Sport" mode more frequently. Haven't noticed a big difference in the gas mileage and I really enjoy the boost in that setting. With that said, I'm going to start using all three settings - Normal, Sport and Eco - more frequently.

My fuel purchases are probably 50% Premium (91 octane) 30% mid-grade (89 octane) and 20% regular (87 octane). I rarely let the gauge go below 1/4, for precisely the reason: to not overwork the fuel pump (but I think that only applies to the in-tank pump).

You got the car back then? How is it?

Did you notice any noise associtated with the fuel pump failure? I"m starting to get a very loud ticking noise coming from the fuel pump area and need to bring it in to have it looked at. FYI, the fuel pump is located on the engine, it's driven directy by the exhaust cam.

You sure its not the timing chain making the ticking?

Don't go there.

No, it's on the bell housing side of the engine, right where the fuel pump is. Not the crank pulley side.

Thats good. Whew.

HP fuel pump

I have a 2012 Juke and my timing chain was just replaced. It was making a loud ticking noise. The timing chain was a recall part so it id not cost my anything. However, my HPfuel is also bad and I am having to pay for that! I am wondering if these recalled parts is what caused my HP fuel to go bad. I am checking with Nissan to see if they will cover it. The service guys at Nissan said they have not had to replace one of these yet. It is rare that they would go out at 40,000.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)