1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Juke Nismo DRL switch conversion

Juke Nismo DRL switch conversion

Okay so this may sound odd I am not sure if anyone has attempted to do this but let's see where it goes. I own a juke nismo and I want to convert the LED day time lights to fog lamps. Basically I want to see if I can switch out the signal switch on the steering column with one that has the fog lamp switch and wire my DRL LEDs to the fog lamp switch. Do you guys think that this is possible and how hard would it be to do?
    Proud Nismo Owner
    MODS - Stillen axle back, rally armor mud flaps, plasti-dip grill, Stillen strut tower bar, MBro LED tail lamps, HID head lamps, Injen upper intercooler piping, Injen CAI, gator LED swap, A post mounted boost gauge

STILL TO COME - Injen turbo back down pipe, blow off valve, LED day time to fog lamp conversion, CAT delete/resonator delete, boost controller, Tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Clarify something for me? So would you be eliminating the day time lights completley or just switching places ? I do not know about Canada but I'm almost positive here in US Federal law mandates the day time lights work whenever the headlights are not? Why do you want to switch them?

Does the nismo even come with fogs? If its the same wiring harness as the stock juke all I would think you would have to do is install a new stalk and the. Tap the wires from the DRL to the fog light harness, then all should be good. If it were me, I'd want the nismo drls on all the time, regardless.
    Sapphire Black SV - Injen CAI, Injen 2nd cat delete, Custom 2.5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust, Plastidipped emblems, grill, LED interior and exterior, Autometer Boost Gauge, Grimmspeed MBC, GTM IC Pipes

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

You don't have to have day time lights in Alberta. Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. The nismo stock has lower led day time lights which I want on all the time. The issue is when you turn on the headlights the led drl turn off and there is no way to turn then on. I was thinking of taking the stock signal switch from an SV model as that will have the fog light option but I'm not sure if I can connect the led drl to that switch.
    Proud Nismo Owner
    MODS - Stillen axle back, rally armor mud flaps, plasti-dip grill, Stillen strut tower bar, MBro LED tail lamps, HID head lamps, Injen upper intercooler piping, Injen CAI, gator LED swap, A post mounted boost gauge

STILL TO COME - Injen turbo back down pipe, blow off valve, LED day time to fog lamp conversion, CAT delete/resonator delete, boost controller, Tune

OK copper , try to identify the drl relay on the fuse box(engine bay) then test for voltage(volt meter) without the relay and the car on.identify which is giving the mainpower then turn on the headlight and look for change on voltage which open the relay and give the off position when lights are on after that and everything double check. buy a similar relay and cut off the leg that give the off command. enjoy drl on all time.
    mods = currently working on turbo stage 154
    next mod = jet propulsion with a nuclear reaction fuelHidden Content

Name:  DRL CIRCUIT.jpg
Views: 6548
Size:  47.1 KB
    mods = currently working on turbo stage 154
    next mod = jet propulsion with a nuclear reaction fuelHidden Content

That would be the cheaper/easier way, but would mean they would always be on when the ign is on.

Why do you want them on all the time? I always find it annoying how people run their fog lights all the time, especially bright ones.

Quote Originally Posted by saoco View Post
    OK copper , try to identify the drl relay on the fuse box(engine bay) then test for voltage(volt meter) without the relay and the car on.identify which is giving the mainpower then turn on the headlight and look for change on voltage which open the relay and give the off position when lights are on after that and everything double check. buy a similar relay and cut off the leg that give the off command. enjoy drl on all time.
    Great solution!

Why do you want them on all the time? I always find it annoying how people run their fog lights all the time, especially bright ones.
    the lights aren't bright and you can't really use them as fog lamps just like the look of having all three sets on lights on at the same time is all. If you look at a lot of the nismo juke art it appears to have all three lights on but in reality you can't do it with out modifying the circuit

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1968
Size:  88.7 KB
    Basically the look I'm going for (but I have HID headlamps)
    Proud Nismo Owner

I will give this a try. Thank you for you help!
    Proud Nismo Owner

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)