Hello from MI
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from MI

Hello from MI

Hello Juke Forums, I bought a '14 Nismo RS almost a year ago with 29k miles, now over 40k. Have been lurking around the forum for the last few months. I've been very happy with the car, saving for some mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Nice Funky. They are fun to drive for sure. What mods you looking to do? Any pics of the Juke? Welcome to the forum and glad you decided to join in.
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , window visors, top rear spoiler, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Lock buckle covers, door handle/door cup inserts, smoked LED high brake light, smoked LED fender signals, Injen SRI, Tail light covers, Injen 2nd cat delete, Injen cat-back exhaust
    continuing on...
    Soon: CF door protectors, 2J lightweight pulley, FR's trans cooler & turbo oil line

For starters, I'm looking to install a different stereo and sub, then retrofit some HIDs. Once the warranty is up then I'll look into other upgrades, when things need to be replaced. I will add some more pictures of it when i get some free time, but for now i have 1 pic of it in my garage on here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

If you want HIDs, your best option is a projector retrofit. The halogen housings are not designed for HID bulbs. You can retrofit them yourself (I did) or you can have someone do anything from really basic or a highly custom setup. 13r1an, a member here, does projector retrofits.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD "Hidden Content "
    Injen - CAI w/ Aux Tube, Midpipe, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact Recirc Valve
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley, UpRev Tune ~22psi
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Strut Bar
    Stillen - Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge
    Gen 2 Taillights, HID Retrofit Headlights

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Greetings and welcome to the happiest Juke place on the net...

If you intend on keeping you Juke long term I and others highly recommend oil catch cans (OCC), at least one on the PVC line. Direct injection (DI) engines*, like the Juke has, suffer from carbon build up on the intake valves due to oil vapor from the emissions mandated Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PVC) system, some times in as little as 30K miles. Port injection engines do not have this problem as the fuel mist introduced in the intake port washes the intake valves.

Here's an example of carbon build up on DI engine intake vales due to oil vapor ingestion from the PCV.

Not only is this fugly it can greatly reduce performance and fuel millage as well. Use of the best Top Tier fuel or over the counter fuel system/valve cleaners added to the fuel tank will not midigate this carbon build up as no fuel mist washes over the intake valves in a DI engine.

Be advised, not all OCC are created equal, pretty doesn't always equal performance. Saikou Michi Co. makes some excellent OCC for the Juke and their customer service is excellent as well. Here's a link to some info on OCC and an explanation as to why they're needed.
    What is an oil catch can tank?
    This page also has a link to a PDF that shows a basic PCV system and how OCC are added to the PCV hose and optionally to the crankcase breather hose as well.

Installation of OCC will not automatically void your warranty in accordance with The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637) is a United States federal law (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Nissan would have to prove the equipment you installed was the cause for any problem covered by their warranty. They can not legally void you warranty simply because of a non-OEM part. Other wise non OEM tires could be a basis for voiding a warranty which would be preposterous.

*Some latter model cars with DI engines are now sporting a secondary fuel injector in the intake runner to wash the valves with fuel during low RMP/low load operation.
    Last edited by dude59; 03-27-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: add pic
    Jukes '14 SL AWD Graphite Blue & '12 SL AWD Chrome Silver (his & hers) also '91 BMW 318is.

Quote Originally Posted by squirtbrnr View Post
    If you want HIDs, your best option is a projector retrofit. The halogen housings are not designed for HID bulbs. You can retrofit them yourself (I did) or you can have someone do anything from really basic or a highly custom setup. 13r1an, a member here, does projector retrofits.
    I know you need to do a projector set up, I've been doing some research and looking at 13r1an's builds. Just have to do some saving before I pull the trigger.

dude59: thank you for all the info, I will look into the site you have linked when i have some down time. I have heard of this issue for DI engines (I am currently working at a dealership, and have seen some ***** that can't be unseen, lol).
    Last edited by FunkyNismo; 03-28-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Someone's selling some 13 retrofits! Welcome to the forum.

https://www.jukeforums.com/#/topics/219883
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

13 is the guy to get the retrofits from thats for sure !!!
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

11. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)