"Natsuki Nismo" a 2014 awd NISMO built to track.
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Natsuki Nismo" a 2014 awd NISMO built to track.

"Natsuki Nismo" a 2014 awd NISMO built to track.

Figured I'd start documenting the process for my 2014 NISMO AWD, that I have named "Natsuki Nismo"

I purchased her in November for a steal of a price with 58k on the clock and 4 months left of warranty. She will be daily driven, but will be used for auto-x and other various track days. My commute is quite short, so I won't mind a more track oriented set up.

Now that the warranty is over, the fun has begun.

I've started to install whatever bolt ons and other mods I am able to do myself, with what tools and space I have at my disposal.

First up was to address the heatsoaking. I live in Toronto, and even in the winter after a good rip, I would notice a difference in the way it accelerates, as well as zero turbo noises after an hour or so of driving.

In Canadian dollars most intercooler setups I've seen for the juke are north of $1000,
    I spent about $400 total using FastReligion piping, and a cx racing intercooler I got for a steal.
    Yes, I saved a good chunk of change, but I've had a couple headaches. It's about 2cm away from being perfectly centred (all fins see airflow however), and my bashbar is causing slight issues.

Functionality wise, works perfectly, and seems to have made a difference. It's still been pretty cold here so time will tell, but the most noticeable difference is the noises. The turbo spool and woosh are a lot louder, even at stock boost.

I've been too lazy to take the front bumper off and play around with the fitment, but that will be happening soon. It's just a matter of modifying a pipe or coupler Matt sent me to centre the intercooler.

Here's a picture of her with the bumper off, and the new intercooler setup
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

When doing the intercooler, I noticed a lot of oil in the charge pipes and intercooler.

I immediately purchased a 2j racing oil catch can. The install was super easy, and its pretty easy to drain.

I will post pictures and more details about this install later, I didn't take any at the time.

Next step: suspension wheels and tires.

I've been sitting on a set of super advan racing version one (gen II). The rims have been freshly powder coated in gloss black. Unfortunately, I am missing a couple wheel nuts and lug nut covers. I do have all 4 gold coins still.

Rims are 17x9 +42, wrapped in advan v105 235/50/r17.

Not only for the meme of it, but it was actually the only performance tire I found in that spec. It was destiny.

For suspension, I will be using a set of fully adjustable Scale coilovers.
    So far I'm impressed with the product, appears to be quality craftsmenship, and they are moderate price for a coilover with custom spring rates and this much adjustment.

I was recommended to them from someone who races in the micra cup, that's what is used in that series.

Those mare going on next Tuesday, as well as an alignment and corner balance. I will be sure to document as much as possible.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I'm now just over 1000km into a AMSOIL CVT fluid swap. I switched to this fluid based off of the recommendations here on the forum, and the fact that it was developed using ns-2 fluid.

So far, it seems to be an improvement of some kind. I used to have a pretty hefty clunk when shifting from park to drive. That clunk is now gone, and I've noticed less cvt whine. She still screams when hot and in sport mode though.

My next purchase will be a cvt cooler setup. Hopefully that, and the AMSOIL product can extend the life of my transmission, until I'm ready to dive into that part of the build. *fingers crossed*

Coils are in! I was told I was one of first to get these, so here it goes;

Custom spec fully adjustable Scale coilovers.
    Custom spring rate, adjustable dampening (12 settings), and camber plates.

Super impressed with the intial quality, and the ride is still pretty good. Stiff, but not bouncing around in the seat.

Overall I'm sittin 2" lower with plenty more to drop. I have the dampening set right in the middle for now. My springs are a touch softer than what scale would normally send out. I can always order stiffer springs if I reach my handling limits.

Went from basically zero camber to 1.6 drivers side, 1.9 passenger. The car corners like it's on freaking rails. It handles better now in fwd, than it used to in awd.

Also, I'm getting way better fuel economy on the highway. I imagine this is due to less rolling resistance with the new alignment, as well as less turbulent air getting under the car.

Also, doing coilovers on a juke sucks. Had to remove the hood cowl and part of the wiper assembly to fully access the strut tower, and get the camber adjustments done. Recommend getting them installed and alignment by a professional.

Good luck getting in more than 3 serious laps on a track day with ambient temps above 80* with the CVT.
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6mt - JDM Nismo carbon lip & spoiler extensions & tail lights, Seibon GT-R hood, Cusco anti-roll bar, 2JR pulley, Nissan Motorsports cat-back, EFI Logic CAI, Saikou Michi DOCC, Forge IC kit, Injen test-pipe, turbo noob mounts, BC Racing coilovers, Wedssport SA-15R bronze 18x9.5 +38 & 275/35R18 Michelin PSS, AEM AFR and boost gauges, Turbosmart WGA and recirc valve, Go-Autoworks DP, Akebono bbk with 2-piece rotors
    241 whp and 323 ft-lbs @24psi on UpRev tune
    Hidden Content

No CVT cooler ?
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    No CVT cooler ?
    That's on the top of the list of things to do.

Finally got the summers on, I really need to buy a jack.

Put about 800km on the coils so far, and I absolutely love them. I have the dampening set in the middle, and it's nice and stiff, but not jolting over bumps.

About 450 of those kms were with the summer wheels, and wow is it a new car.

The rims aren't crazy light, being from the 90's, but even with the added side wall and overall width, the wheel weight is a little lighter than oem.

The car feels completely different now, I have way more grip than before, and very little slip in the wet. I launched it twice with this set up. First time in awd, and I recorded my fastest 0-100km/h time yet, 6.3 seconds.
    Second was in fwd, and I experienced a crazy amount of wheel hop and immediately let out.
    This was on a ****ty industrial street, which worries me about the axels.

The added side wall really makes a difference. A lot more comfortable of a ride compared to my 225/45r18 oem winter set, with the coils that is.

Pics

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)