Figured I'd start documenting the process for my 2014 NISMO AWD, that I have named "Natsuki Nismo"
I purchased her in November for a steal of a price with 58k on the clock and 4 months left of warranty. She will be daily driven, but will be used for auto-x and other various track days. My commute is quite short, so I won't mind a more track oriented set up.
Now that the warranty is over, the fun has begun.
I've started to install whatever bolt ons and other mods I am able to do myself, with what tools and space I have at my disposal.
First up was to address the heatsoaking. I live in Toronto, and even in the winter after a good rip, I would notice a difference in the way it accelerates, as well as zero turbo noises after an hour or so of driving.
In Canadian dollars most intercooler setups I've seen for the juke are north of $1000,
I spent about $400 total using FastReligion piping, and a cx racing intercooler I got for a steal.
Yes, I saved a good chunk of change, but I've had a couple headaches. It's about 2cm away from being perfectly centred (all fins see airflow however), and my bashbar is causing slight issues.
Functionality wise, works perfectly, and seems to have made a difference. It's still been pretty cold here so time will tell, but the most noticeable difference is the noises. The turbo spool and woosh are a lot louder, even at stock boost.
I've been too lazy to take the front bumper off and play around with the fitment, but that will be happening soon. It's just a matter of modifying a pipe or coupler Matt sent me to centre the intercooler.
Here's a picture of her with the bumper off, and the new intercooler setup