Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

And so it begins

4K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Macgyver 
#1 ·
I purchased my AWD Nismo last year not really expecting to do anything to it. I told myself, for once, just leave your car stock. Don’t mess with it. That didn’t last very long...

I looked at the hood a couple weeks ago when washing the car and noticed some premature rust starting near the rolled edge. I guess this was justification for one purchase. I figured while I was at it, I may as well refinish the Work Eurolines I had sitting around and maybe put those on eventually. And since I was doing brakes this weekend, why not go a step further and replace the shocks that are nearing 60k miles. Don’t replace with stock though. Coilovers would be best.

So all I seem to have done is justify reasons why I can’t leave any vehicle stock. Oh well. Lol.

So last weekend was install time. New CF Hood from Seibon, new BC Coilovers, and then some general maintenance. As of now, I have the suspension set as low as I can safely go without breaking anything. I was going to put the Works on, but after looking at the ride height and test fitting, the 17” wheels will be way too small. I’m probably going to sell these after I finish refinishing them and pick up a set of 18” wheels and tires instead. Follow the picture reel below!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, looks like this is uploading pics now. So here’s where we start. July 14th last year I picked this juke up with full intention of it being a replacement for the 5.9 Grand Cherokee behind it. It wasn’t supposed to be what it is today but hey, things happen lol

After a road trip, I realized I was in desperate need of more storage space. I found a set of cross bars and q clips on Craigslist for a couple bucks and a rack for a couple bucks more. I usually use it for awkwardly large items or things I don’t mind getting wet. Definitely makes a huge difference on a long trip.

Also blacked out the front chrome “u” shaped grill piece. Little things count I guess

#5 ·
Then it all started going south. The Juke was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily it was a treatable stage 3. A simple amputation of the hood would cure it for good. Just needed to find a fair prosthetic. It was about here that I began justifying modifying it...

The cancer was pretty bad for the age of the car and having less than 50 k on it still.

I also picked up a set of Work Euroline Design D’s planning on using these. I started refinishing them in November. Started by shaping the lips, correcting curb rash and then had them media blasted. After getting them back I started polishing the lips and prepping the faces for powder coating.

#6 ·
Last weekend was the big weekend. I picked up my previously decided on hood prosthetic from Seibon. Thank you roof rack! Apparently there is no space in this car for a hood lol.

After getting home, I unboxed the hood and got everything else laid out.

And of course my little helper is on deck to help out!

#7 ·
And time to install! The hood went really easily. The pins now? That was a little nerve racking. Ever drill a hole in a brand new hood? Yup.. no going back now lol

But hey, in the end, it all worked out!

I decided to call it a night here and get wrenching again first thing in the morning.

#8 ·
Woke up Saturday morning and kicked the day off with coating the hood. Having worked in the detailing industry, I knew right where to turn. Opticoat Pro and a top coat of Optimim spray wax sealed up that hood.

And now for the real work! Unfortunately I was excited and didn’t take before. Or during pictures for the most part lol. Anyway! BC coilovers are on as of Saturday night! Sunday was spend dialing everything in and test fitting the wheels. Unfortunately the Works were found to be too small so I looked into different options.

Anyway, enjoy the coil and post coil pics. I highly recommend the BC kit. Make sure you get the rear damper extensions. They’re awesome and they really complete the clean install look

#9 ·
So today I wrapped things up and picked up my wheels and tires. I also did some tweaking on the suspension to make the fitment just right. I still think I need to add a spacer to the back. 5mm should bring the stance just right. Now I’m pretty excited to take it out to some shows. Should be a good summer!! Thanks for taking a look!

#10 ·
Looking fantastic. I never even stumbled upon those coilovers when I bought my Geckos. Happy with then but on-demand damping adjustment would've been nice.

Also I really like your unique choice of wheels. Little bit classic, little bit spaceship.

#13 ·
Realistically, being as low as I am, I keep dampening all the way up. I’d be afraid of the suspension having too much give. I already scrape over speed bumps and going into driveways. Vital components are up high enough but my cat and front bumper take a little abuse here and there.

The wheels are XXR 531s. I’ve always wanted a set of CCW classics but kept hearing about how the company has slacked in quality lately and their product isn’t as durable as it used to be. For how expensive the CCWs are, I chose the XXR that is a very close replica of the real thing

#11 ·
Oh Heck yeah.

Nice work.

Looks great.

#14 ·
Prolly rides pretty good all things considered.

#16 ·
Well ive continued the black theme all the way around the outside. I need to get a pic of the front but I’ve followed this all the way through. More goodies coming tomorrow. This weekend it’s time to get cranking on the carrier for my sons ride. I’m going to make a flat bed hauler to bolt into the roof rack so I can bring the matching little slammed wagon to shows with us this year. Last year it was just tossed up on the rack. This year I’ll get a little more creative.

#17 ·
Looks awesome! I went the other way with it lol

Attachments

#20 ·
Looking really good !!!

#22 ·
Looks great and love the wagon! Tell your son he has admirers about his wagon :) The Juke too...lol

#23 ·
Installed my new horns today. Found a snapped lead on my stock ones and figured it was time to install the Hellas. These suckers are loud. I have it wired directly off the battery which gives it an extra little power boost. Looking forward to pulling off the front bumper when I do the bash bar and FMIC. I desperately need to clean my wiring up lol

#24 ·
They are HUGE. Get Slammed !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.