A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke

A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke

So, uh,
    I kinda wanted to own a Jeep, but I accidentally typed "Juke" into Google instead
    Just Kidding--
    I got fed up shopping for Jeeps very quickly, they were expensive and you didn't get much more than an (admittedly) solid drivetrain and a piece of canvas to keep you dry.
    The Juke had always caught my eye- a tall hatchback-crossover with exaggerated fender flares and some offroad rally styling cues... and then it all clicked together in my mind

I would have a Juke on one condition:

I would be solely responsible for turning a perfectly good Juke into something (it will probably not succeed at being) but has ALWAYS WANTED TO BE
    (and because nobody seemed to be doing a build like this)
    Except for those Russians from a couple weeks ago, that was pretty bada$$ (but doesn't count because it's a Juke shell on a 4x4 frame, just sayin')
    But that was probably an indication that I should let people know that I'm working on this project pretty seriously, even though I'm broke and It's going to take forever.

So here's where I'm at, at this stage: about 1.5" lift, 245/65r17 - 29.5" tires - 2012 Juke SV AWD (of course), and honestly it's a pretty good setup it could stay this way... could*

Attachment 178819
    Attachment 178821
    Attachment 178823
    Name:  IMG_0893.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  359.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0877.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  318.9 KB
    Name:  Mawv Back.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  2.21 MB

I call her "Mavw Mawv" because it looks like a complete mess when you write it in all caps MAVWMAWV
    and yes, I am insane.

Also shout out to NISMO Offroad, he is the OG and forum LEGEND, and I don't want to steal his thunder - even though this build is gonna get real obnoxious, I am certainly not the first person to do an offroad Juke build.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Looks Great. Juke scales so well raised and lowered.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Look like so much fun just climbing over **** not giving a fuk about bottoming out lol
    injen short ram intake, injen intercooler pipes, turbo smart compact bov, stillen strut bar, full obx exhaust include second cat delete, 2j pulley, 2j mail order tune with uprev, mishimoto front mount with custom pipes and brackets, 2j shift knob, nismo pedals, rock blokz mud flaps, greddy profec electronic boost controller, sti battery tie down.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Very nice. Welcome
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

Great start. Love those tires! Can’t wait to see further what you come up with.

Still wish I could go over 28” tires without cutting the bumpers! I drove over a fountain drink in the parking lot the other day thought I may clip the straw but didn’t.

Wish I could continue on with mine but gotta build new house first...
    Last edited by Nismo Offroad; 12-21-2018 at 02:40 AM.
    2013 Nismo AWD
    3" Stright exhaust 2nd cat delete, GFB BOV, Rokblokz Red Mudflaps, 15" Drag wheels 14.5lbs, 295/50R15, 42" LED light bar, Bull Bar w/fog lts, WELL visors painted, Bc Coilovers 2"F 2.5”R lift, Red 2J Hoses, & Pulley, Blk Injen SRI & IC pipes, MRP FMIC, All door handle covers, Rear Cross Brace, IRZ strut bar, Tornado Airhorn, Red Daymaker headlights, Fender flares, Stillen sway bar, tow hook, Decals!

Love that you started a thread. Awesome looking juke. Glad to see I am not the only crazy one that wants to do this to my juke. I have been driving 4x4 vehicles since the beginning so, being in a "normal height" car is hard but I enjoy the extra few MPGs the juke gets over my current 4x4, my 07 offroad nissan xterra.

My advice is to not increase tire size too much, you're only going to continue to take away from the ability to put power to the ground and stress that transmission the larger those tires are- I don't believe it's going to be easy to regear the differentials in the juke, heh. Stick with a happy medium and throw some skid plates on that baby. https://www.tbwperformance.com/nissa...ay-skid-plate/

Maybe some custom off road lighting... sliders, snorkel
    Last edited by steve500; 12-21-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Hey everybody, early February update!

I've been living with these 29.5s since August, each tire is a whopping 11lbs over stock and I've put around 6000 miles on them so far. It didn't affect the drivablity of the car NEARLY as much as I had initially feared and I have to say I probably drive my car even harder now than when I first got it.
    I still enter tight right hand turns at 30mph, and always get to the front of the line at a stop light just so I can launch past everyone about 0-50 and then ease back down to whatever the speed limit is, lmao.

After about a month of driving I tested the speedometer and the odometer and the car was reading everything accurately, this is without me doing anything to the ecu whatsoever, it had relearned everything completely on it's own. My Juke has the SV trim with the navigation so I assume it recalculated it via GPS signals, but after reading through the service manuals, I have no idea if that is actually a thing.

That being said, I think the car has also adjusted how the CVT responds as well. It's probably a little bit slower 0-10mph, but everything past that pretty much feels the same.
    I've gone from about 19-21mpg to about 17-19mpg according to the display, but like I said, I drive it way harder than before overall.

The only drawback I can really say is that when it was stock, I had gotten it up to 110mph in the middle of nowhere before I decided that was as fast as I wanted to go...
    I just got back from a highway drive where it was open for a bit, so I put it to the floor and it just about maxed out at 95mph
    let's call it a "responsible mod" because for the most part the fastest anyone really needs to drive on the highway is like 80.

I'm gonna go ahead and put it out there-- the way the car has handled this so far has made me feel pretty confident in pushing it further.
    I'm not going to stop until I get to my absolute end-goal which is fabricated front control arms, another inch of lift, full fiberglass overfenders
    and I kid you not, I will fit 33x11.5s under the Juke

And you can all go ahead and doubt me if you want, but I've spent the past year measuring and doing the math, and it should only rub a little bit on the front subframe at about 90% lock.
    Because of course they'll rub, it's 33s on a Juke, I may be crazy, but at least I'm honest about it.

It is a great mod for sure. Glad you are having fun with them and they work well.

On a side note. The tires are 3" larger on the diameter. 26.375" diam vs 29.5" diam. The Juke ECU does not learn tire size. My Taurus SHO. You can input the changes into the menu and the car will adapt.

The speed and mpg differences you see are from this tire change. Its about a 10% change. Right where your MPG is and your MPH are.

Its all good. Not complaining. Just clearing some things up so if anyone else wants to do this they know ahead of time what they will lose/gain.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=50mm&sr=0mm
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

From the 215/55r17s it's a 12% difference
    That should translate to 12% more distance traveled per tire rotation
    If that's the case then my car should be traveling 12% faster than the speedometer, and the odometer should be 12% less than the actual miles I've traveled.
    As far as I can tell this does not seem to be happening; I took a 1300 mile round trip to Charleston WV and when I got back the trip meter was just a little over 1300, without any sort of correction, it should have been about 1100.
    I can also most definitely vouch for the speed, especially driving next to people on the highway, 70 is 70, faster traffic is about 80, and 80 definitely does not feel like 90

And I mostly drive on the highway at 80, so if I was actually doing 90 in a 65, I probably should have been arrested by now, lol.

But yeah I can understand that 12% really isn't that much, and I hear that most speed enforcement has to be lenient within 7-10% specifically because of differences in tire size and tire wear
    My stock tires were so bald when I changed them, I measured them at 25.5" which is ridiculous

Maybe in about a year, year and a half or so, I'll be ready for the 33s and we can test it again

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxa View Post
    From the 215/55r17s it's a 12% difference
    That should translate to 12% more distance traveled per tire rotation
    If that's the case then my car should be traveling 12% faster than the speedometer, and the odometer should be 12% less than the actual miles I've traveled.
    As far as I can tell this does not seem to be happening; I took a 1300 mile round trip to Charleston WV and when I got back the trip meter was just a little over 1300, without any sort of correction, it should have been about 1100.
    I can also most definitely vouch for the speed, especially driving next to people on the highway, 70 is 70, faster traffic is about 80, and 80 definitely does not feel like 90

And I mostly drive on the highway at 80, so if I was actually doing 90 in a 65, I probably should have been arrested by now, lol.

But yeah I can understand that 12% really isn't that much, and I hear that most speed enforcement has to be lenient within 7-10% specifically because of differences in tire size and tire wear
    My stock tires were so bald when I changed them, I measured them at 25.5" which is ridiculous

Maybe in about a year, year and a half or so, I'll be ready for the 33s and we can test it again
    Did you think about testing with a mobile navigation. This should be able to messure the speed an log the track..

Gesendet von meinem G8141 mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Herman.TM; 02-05-2019 at 01:50 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)