A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke - Page 6
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke

Yeah I was looking at Keoke's set of SLR control arms, but they have a poly bushing on each side and I'm afraid that will make them too stiff
    I mean, sure the option is easy now because they're available, but I don't want to get stuck with a set of control arms that I'll end up selling a year from now because I would need something entirely different.
    Honestly they're too nice for me too, I would rather see them go to somebody who actually tracks their Juke, because that's what they were actually designed for. I would rather put the money toward designing control arms specific to my setup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I was trying to figure out how I could incorporate a bike rack into the rear tire carrier design, but I didn't really like how far it hung off the back.
    So I have an F-150 model lying around for my friend's vehicle to mess with it in 3D, and I figured I would import it to give it some context, and (not much of a surprise) the F-150 absolutely dwarfs it. Even the absolute mad-man level modification I would do to it -- 33" tires with a 2+" lift, the wheels are still about the size of a stock F-150 and the wheels 4-5" off the fenders on both sides is still the same track width as a stock F-150.
    I mean it's crazy for a Juke, but somehow still not horribly inconvenient-- and I think that's the most impressive part.
    Name:  context.JPG
Views: 12
Size:  118.6 KB
    Name:  context 2.JPG
Views: 13
Size:  133.9 KB
    Name:  context 3.JPG
Views: 12
Size:  117.6 KB

You could do the Deer/cargo carrier utilizing a hitch mount and incorporate the bike, fuel, and tire etc etc on it.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Now that would be too easy, Macgyver. Sure I could buy a bolt on hitch and buy a pre-made rack, but why give up the elegance of a body-mounted swing out tire carrier?
    Also think about all the departure angle I could get if I didn't have a hitch to worry about

Oh man I missed the hinges in the rendering. That would be cool.
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

You could always do the African thingy Landcruiser roof rack tire holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    African thingy
    I believe the term you are looking for is "Safari" lmao I had a good laugh at that

I've been thinking about getting one of the Perrycraft-style roof racks because they tend to look a lot more "OEM" than Thule or some others. My current wheel is like 60 lbs, but with the rims and 33s I'm looking at are about 85+lbs, which is a lot of weight to keep up on the roof
    I still don't know how well the tire carrier design is going to work, but I'm pretty confident I can hide a lot of the structure and reinforcement of it underneath the bumper.

So I got bored of waiting for my coilovers, and I wanted to work on the Juke. I didn't want to spend too much money, because I haven't officially purchased the coilovers yet, so I bought a 2J Pulley.

I struggled with the belt tensioner for like 15 minutes, but when I went to break the bolt loose, the crank just spins freely? I spent another 30 minutes just trying to get the belt tracked on the pulleys properly, but that's kind of a bummer. Is there no good DIY way to install it? I looked through some other threads and it seems like most people take it to Nissan or a mechanic shop to get it done, but is there no way to get it off without an air impact?

What about the "bump" method? Attach your tool, secure it against a solid object/ground. Tap on and off the start button quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by steve500 View Post
    What about the "bump" method? Attach your tool, secure it against a solid object/ground. Tap on and off the start button quickly.
    I did read that method, but I didn't feel like going into the fuses to keep the fuel pump from activating. I've also rounded off too many bolts before in less strenuous circumstances to feel confident in doing that. Seems kinda sketchy.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)