A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hardcore OFFROAD Juke

WOAH
    WOOOOOAAAAAH
    So I've been back and forth with BC trying to get their coilovers with custom spring rates and they've been heavily pushing against it, and they keep telling me that their coilover bodies can only support slightly less than stock height or lower.
    I did a little research (and this is why I'm excited) I found the company Silver's North America who offers their NEOMAX coilover kit for the Nissan Juke. After emailing them about the kit and very carefully bringing up the idea of a lift, THEY SAID YES.
    I asked them specifically about building the coilovers around a taller shock body, and to quote their response:

"Not a problem at all! We do a lot of extended travel Subaru coilovers so it is not anything too difficult."

I honestly don't think I've read any two sentences better than that. The search is over, all ye who want to lift weirdo vehicles!
    Silver's will build you custom length coilovers. This is breaking news, so I'm going to ask a few more questions, but I think this is the direction I'm going to go in.

The NEOMAX coilovers are independently height adjustable, much like the BC Coilovers and are comparable in a lot of ways, but the base NEOMAX kit is about $100 more than the base BC kit, honestly a drop in the bucket considering they are manufactured domestically. In Ft. Myers Florida no less, I could literally drive there and pick them up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

It's fun seeing your Juke take shape so quickly Jaxxa. I absolutely love the fender flare screws and gators. I even screenshot it (the fenders- those sombitches never wanna stay put after being removed once) and sent it to my car guy so we can add it to the ever-growing list. I'm going to attempt a repaint as well, or buy some Nismo flares in my color and bolt those up.

First thing I did when I got this car was drop it, then again months later with coils. I didn't know so much went into the reverse ambition. Sounds like you did your due diligence and got some great (and not so great) customer service to help steer your decision-making. Really sweet development about the customizablebility with Silvers NEOMAX. I believe another user recently posted that they'd installed some.
    Last edited by JuklearWinter; 03-26-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

Yep, Firedan50. That's actually a really nice thread, I must've missed it when it was first posted. I actually found Sliver's because I watched a video randomly about "the best coilover companies", and something about what they said made me really want to check them out.
    Seeing the images on his thread only make me more into this kit, it comes with adjustable sway bar links? I'm sold. Now I just have to go back and re-measure the clearances on the front so I can let them know how big to make them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Definitely eager to hear the rest of this!! So hard to get anyone to offer anything to lift the Juke aside from spacers.....
    2013 Nismo AWD
    3" Stright exhaust 2nd cat delete, GFB BOV, Rokblokz Red Mudflaps, 15" Drag wheels 14.5lbs, 295/50R15, 42" LED light bar, Bull Bar w/fog lts, WELL visors painted, Bc Coilovers 2"F 2.5”R lift, Red 2J Hoses, & Pulley, Blk Injen SRI & IC pipes, MRP FMIC, All door handle covers, Rear Cross Brace, IRZ strut bar, Tornado Airhorn, Red Daymaker headlights, Fender flares, Stillen sway bar, tow hook, Decals!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxa View Post
    I did a little research (and this is why I'm excited) I found the company Silver's North America who offers their NEOMAX coilover kit for the Nissan Juke. After emailing them about the kit and very carefully bringing up the idea of a lift, THEY SAID YES.
    I asked them specifically about building the coilovers around a taller shock body, and to quote their response:

"Not a problem at all! We do a lot of extended travel Subaru coilovers so it is not anything too difficult."

This is awesome news. I was searching around myself for a good extended suspension upgrade. Will you be throwing in longer rear coils or just be running the spacers in the rear with longer shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by JuklearWinter View Post
    It's fun seeing your Juke take shape so quickly Jaxxa. I absolutely love the fender flare screws and gators. I even screenshot it (the fenders- those sombitches never wanna stay put after being removed once) and sent it to my car guy so we can add it to the ever-growing list. I'm going to attempt a repaint as well, or buy some Nismo flares in my color and bolt those up.

First thing I did when I got this car was drop it, then again months later with coils. I didn't know so much went into the reverse ambition. Sounds like you did your due diligence and got some great (and not so great) customer service to help steer your decision-making. Really sweet development about the customizablebility with Silvers NEOMAX. I believe another user recently posted that they'd installed some.
    Get these and Paint them Orange when you screw the fender trim to the Juke !!!

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-C...r_1_fkmrnull_8

Name:  21P3YPSXvkL.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  6.7 KB
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

That is a great idea Mac! I'll probably wait until June or whatever when I get my car back from Matt. I think that would make the unfinished plastic not look so bad.

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Quote Originally Posted by steve500 View Post
    Will you be throwing in longer rear coils or just be running the spacers in the rear with longer shocks?
    Rear coil springs will be included with the kit just like most of the other coilover kits out for the Juke. The key is finding the right spring to try and avoid the need for spacers. Since they are making custom length struts, it's not too much of a stretch to assume they'll give me the correct size rear shocks as well.
    According to Firedan's post and information from Silver's, the kit comes with an adjustable perch the rear spring sits on, as well as the rear shock length is fully adjustable. The kit also comes with adjustable front sway bar links, which is a really good addition for any major change in ride height.

https://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nis...r-install.html

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Get these and Paint them Orange when you screw the fender trim to the Juke !!!

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-C...r_1_fkmrnull_8
    Quote Originally Posted by JuklearWinter View Post
    That is a great idea Mac! I'll probably wait until June or whatever when I get my car back from Matt. I think that would make the unfinished plastic not look so bad.
    The bolts I bought have a 16mm diameter extra large head, which is really close to the 5/8" for the caps, so it should look pretty much identical to mine when you do it.
    I did get hung up on a few things with mounting, but I recorded a lot of the steps, so I'll edit together a video at some point and probably post it in the Body and Appearance section.

If I had to do it again though, I would skip the top center bolt entirely on the rear flares (just under the fuel door) because it visually messes with the intervals too much. and believe me when I say it'll be plenty sturdy without it.
    Name:  IMG_1224.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  318.7 KB

Solid, great info thank you. I may just skip the paint process altogether and find a way to make the screw covers pop, like Mac said. They're the only thing on my exterior that feels unfinished. Plus them chits sag and come loose. Not sexy.

I wouldn't have even thought twice about the 'keystone' screw, but now that you pointed if out I can't unsee it. Thanks for the commentary on that little detail.

PS- when you go to lift your Juke (assuming you're keeping the Nissan wheels), it would look rad to get some meaty tires and bring the wheels out to flush (or even beyond flush for your application). Just talking aesthetics, because I have no idea if there would be good reasons not to do those things. How did you do that little yellow slice of color on the doors? I really like that, if I could find the right orange.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)