Revving and acceleration problem
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revving and acceleration problem

Unhappy Revving and acceleration problem

Hi

Posting from New Zealand - I bought one of the original Jukes imported to NZ in 2012/13. Prior to this I drove a Toyota and did a lot of km's but since buying the Juke, I have only rarely gone on long journeys. The last 2 times I encountered a really dreadful problem - namely, near the end of the long drive, out of the blue, my car jerked, and then would no longer accelerate. The engine would rev wildly if I even gingerly touched the accelerator but no acceleration would result.

Both times I was out on the open highway, at least 60km's away from my destination. The first time, I pulled over and tried periodically restarting my engine and driving a short distance - it was late on a Saturday afternoon, with lots of traffic on the road and I was scared I'd be stuck there for ages. Finally after an hour, my car suddenly operated as normal and I had no more problems for about a month.

The second time was late at night in a remote area (at the tail end of another long journey). This time started the same as the last, but there were two differences; firstly if I changed down to low gear (my Juke is an automatic), I still had problems with the revs surging a bit but I regained acceleration enough to limp home. Secondly, instead of just jerking at the start, if I was in drive the engine would jerk roughly every 10 mins or so.

I've booked the car in for a service, and described the problem to a Nissan mechanic over the phone. He reckons it's likely a transmission problem. I'm just out of the warranty period for my car, so I can imagine this could be really expensive. Other threads I've read, talk about how hard it is to diagnose such an intermittant problem. Has anyone else experienced some thing similar? If you have I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers, Erin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Do you have the cvt transmission? If so, you may be going onto "save mode" due to the fluid temperature. Have you had the fluid changed? It breaks down over time and becomes more susceptible to heat. Just a thought.
    Hidden Content

Wife's - 2013 Juke SL
    Mine - 2014 Juke Nismo RS

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftab View Post
    Do you have the cvt transmission? If so, you may be going onto "save mode" due to the fluid temperature. Have you had the fluid changed? It breaks down over time and becomes more susceptible to heat. Just a thought.
    +1

Its almost definitely sounds like the CVT is overheating. Need to change the fluid ASAP and hope that cures the problem.
    Juke Nismo RS 6MT
    Mods: Stockish for now! Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)