where do you take your juke for service?
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where do you take your juke for service?

where do you take your juke for service?

Looking up for place/Nissan dealership for 48,000 kms for a 2016 Juke nismo AWD and it's going to cost me 1835.80 plus tax!(routine service plus power steering fluid,All drive service and CVT transmission service). I would do it by myself or gone to small shop if it's out of warranty. Any info ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Nissan won't void warranty just for taking it to an independent shop for service. They could void your warranty if the wrong type of fluid was used in the CVT and it caused issues later on where a warranty replacement was in question. If all you are getting done is fluid servicing or exchanging, you can take it to an independent shop.

Also, ask for a written estimate from the dealership so you can see each line item and what it is. It seems like the dealership is adding on a few services that may or may not be absolutely necessary. For one, power steering fluid just needs to be monitored for level and color/clarity. Top it off if it looks low. You can do that yourself. I've never change power steering fluid on any of the cars I've owned and never had a problem.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD "Hidden Content "
    Injen - CAI w/ Aux Tube, Midpipe, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact Recirc Valve
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley, UpRev Tune ~22psi
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Strut Bar
    Stillen - Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge
    Gen 2 Taillights, HID Retrofit Headlights

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Great to hear! Now it’s time to find some NP2 CVT fluid in Canada! Amazon.com won’t ship those goodies up here

Quote Originally Posted by squirtbrnr View Post
    Nissan won't void warranty just for taking it to an independent shop for service. They could void your warranty if the wrong type of fluid was used in the CVT and it caused issues later on where a warranty replacement was in question. If all you are getting done is fluid servicing or exchanging, you can take it to an independent shop.

Also, ask for a written estimate from the dealership so you can see each line item and what it is. It seems like the dealership is adding on a few services that may or may not be absolutely necessary. For one, power steering fluid just needs to be monitored for level and color/clarity. Top it off if it looks low. You can do that yourself. I've never change power steering fluid on any of the cars I've owned and never had a problem.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Careful! Unless your Nismo is an RS model you gotta use NS-3being that it's a 2015+ 'Gen2'. *Supposedly* both of Nissans special tranny sauce is way different. I wouldn't take any chances.

I am experimenting with AMSOIL CVT fluid in instead of NS3 and, so far do good but that was still probably a dumb idea on my part Haha. Time will tell.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

If you are looking to 'refresh' your Juke, I would suggest doing only the following (and personally I would have a Nissan Dealer do it):

CVT Fluid Service (Some folks might argue about having just a 'fluid change' done vs a 'full service'. Check the costs and ask the service dept what the differences are, and if they will even do just a fluid change, then make a choice.) This should be no more than $300 USD.

Full synthetic oil change. Usually $45-$80 USD.

Induction Cleaning service (Not a 'throttle body cleaning'. When I had it done they used a product called Terraclean along with special machinery to complete the service. It removes carbon building on engine internals and cleans all the way through the intake and exhaust.) This was like $230 USD I think.

Those are the major things. If you really want to go crazy, you can have the brake fluid drained and filled, but usually that is only done if your brakes/brake pedal aren't noticeably performing as well as they should. As mentioned, power steering and other fluids can simply be topped off easily on your own.

Without seeing the line items and without any existing problems, I think $1800 for preventative service is going overboard. The 3 services above with make a noticeable difference when you drive out of there.
    2012 Juke SL AWD Sapphire Black
    Hidden Content

I concur with Bargeld. CVT fluid exchange, full synthetic oil change, and induction cleaning. Last time I had these done the dealership gave me a break for all 3. You could do all of them yourself, but then it's a question of how much is your time worth to you and how much do you want to invest in it. Also having a dealership do it, they assume the risk of doing the service since they supposedly have the training.
    2013 Nissan Juke SL - Gun Metallic - CVT - AWD "Hidden Content "
    Injen - CAI w/ Aux Tube, Midpipe, Cat-Back Exhaust, IC Pipes w/ Custom Lower Pipe
    Turbosmart - Kompact Recirc Valve
    2J Racing - Lightweight Pulley, UpRev Tune ~22psi
    Saikou Michi - Dual OCC
    Impact Racing Zone - Strut Bar
    Stillen - Sway Bar
    Prosport - EVO Boost Gauge
    Gen 2 Taillights, HID Retrofit Headlights

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

I have a great Nissan Dealership here in NE PA called Kelly Nissan. I know saying an 'honest dealership' usually is a conundrum but these guys/gals have been super straight forward and honest. My CVT fluid change was somewhere around $125.00 last year. I did it with the oil change and the inspection. With the oil change, CVT fluid change, inspection, tire rotation and emissions I spent around $300.00 total. The total you are quoting seems WAY out of line. for general maintenance and a few 'extras'.

I will have them do the brake fluid this year (it was recommended by them last season to do it this year due to no inline filter and not knowing specifically the history of the Juke) which will run me about $100.00. I only put about 6,000 miles a year on the Juke so my maintenance costs are pretty low.

How much of a difference is there with the full synthetic motor oil? especially with my low driving miles a year do you think this would be worth the cost?
    Last edited by Stunning70; 01-03-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , window visors, top rear spoiler, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Lock buckle covers, door handle/door cup inserts, smoked LED high brake light, smoked LED fender signals, Injen SRI, Tail light covers, Injen 2nd cat delete, Injen cat-back exhaust
    continuing on...
    Soon: CF door protectors, 2J lightweight pulley, FR's trans cooler & turbo oil line

Just called around Nissan dealerships in Edmonton Alberta (3 of them). All of them quoted me 620 CDN just for CVT fluid service. Maybe I should just take a vacation and drive down to State side for the major 3 services

My goodness. Well if you're willing to dabble with some of this stuff yourself CVT fluid is extremely easy to change. Cost of fluid, some grubby clothes, a socket/wrench, and a drip pan with volumetric indicators on it and you're all set in 30 minutes. Most of that is waiting for fluid to drain. I did mine at 20k miles and even that low it made quite a bit of difference in smoothness and performance. I can point you towards my little write-up on doing mine if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by EDF339 View Post
    Just called around Nissan dealerships in Edmonton Alberta (3 of them). All of them quoted me 620 CDN just for CVT fluid service. Maybe I should just take a vacation and drive down to State side for the major 3 services
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

Please share the link 🙂 it’s best way to know this juke and save some money ! Win win !!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)