Interest in Gen 2 dyno pulls?
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Gen 2 dyno pulls?

As most of you all who would care know, my Gen 2 is at the end of the line on bolt-ons and going up to Massachusets this week for custom downpipe, Bloushe 16G turbo, etc, and retune at the theoretical (and proven lol) max power that CVT might stand a chance on for a while, being around 275-whp, I think.

I am fairly confident that if there's a Gen 2 on the road that can demonstrate the most you can squeeze out of this car without serious work, that its mine; so Matt's willing to dyno it for me before the surgery. $100 for three pulls is pretty cheap, but I don't really care what the number is, however, I'll make the investment if enough people care (for science). Just don't wanna throw money at it if it doesn't serve the community.
    Last edited by JuklearWinter; 05-13-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

I say 200 whp!
    injen short ram intake, injen intercooler pipes, turbo smart compact bov, stillen strut bar, full obx exhaust include second cat delete, 2j pulley, 2j mail order tune with uprev, mishimoto front mount with custom pipes and brackets, 2j shift knob, nismo pedals, rock blokz mud flaps, greddy profec electronic boost controller, sti battery tie down.

If we're doing guesses, I'm gonna be optimistic at 210whp/230wtq.

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Man not worth it with a cvt ur goin down SLC jukes road to transmission disaster my opinion tho😁

Why a larger turbo with all that custom work and fabrication to get to 275whp? Doesn’t make sense. Seems like so much unnecessary spending. You can achieve that with a bolt on mamba and a tune.
    And with a custom FR build there are so many possible issues long term compared to going the standard bolt on route.
    2014 RS MT 270 whp, 325wtq @ 26psi
    13 Custom Headlights w/ Demon Eyes - 2JR Uprev Tune, Mamba TD04-19T TURBO, Walbro 340lph fuel pump, 2JR downpipe, Injen Midpipe, 2JR Catback, Injen SRI, Injen upper hard pipes, Urethane upper/lower torque mounts, RS-R Springs, Mishimoto IC, 2JR lightweight pulley, GFB DV, Impul rain guards, DRL foglight stalk swap, weather-tech mats, catch cans, boost gauge, Impul style cf double-wing, FWD Sway Bar, Strut Bar
    FUTURE MODS: Custom Gators, MBRO Tails

Nissan Drago say:

Quote Originally Posted by Aznstinky View Post
    Man not worth it with a cvt ur goin down SLC jukes road to transmission disaster my opinion tho😁
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You could get a mamba and a tune and then give all that money to 13 instead. For some baller headlights, gators and tails.
    13 Custom Headlights w/ Demon Eyes - 2JR Uprev Tune, Mamba TD04-19T TURBO, Walbro 340lph fuel pump, 2JR downpipe, Injen Midpipe, 2JR Catback, Injen SRI, Injen upper hard pipes, Urethane upper/lower torque mounts, RS-R Springs, Mishimoto IC, 2JR lightweight pulley, GFB DV, Impul rain guards, DRL foglight stalk swap, weather-tech mats, catch cans, boost gauge, Impul style cf double-wing, FWD Sway Bar, Strut Bar

I could've not bought a Juke altogether and gotten a powerful car. It's really more about seeing what can be done on a Gen 2, since prior to a year ago it was 'nothing, sell it, buy an RS, and nauseum', bollocks! and while, yes, the route I'm going is unnecessarily expensive, buuuuuut it's happening, and there will be lots to learn for others at the end of the process. Your point about the Mamba and such are easy gains on the first Gen, doesn't take nearly as much to get to that power level but that's not how it works on my platform. I'm kind a brute forcing it on my build, but I like my car the way it is. And when I kill that CVT I'll snag one on Ebay or (possibly do a 6MT and I can take serious advantage of the possible power). Planning on keeping this car a long long time so why not overbuild to open up the potential of a 6MT or whatever, later. Juke of Theseus, boys. I apologize to no man, and only one woman.

Also, plus, cuz I wanna.

And 13s probably next on my list for unnecessary and expensive. The mechanical side will be DONE. Been wanting retros for long time but priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by 14RSINLI View Post
    Why a larger turbo with all that custom work and fabrication to get to 275whp? Doesn’t make sense. Seems like so much unnecessary spending. You can achieve that with a bolt on mamba and a tune.
    And with a custom FR build there are so many possible issues long term compared to going the standard bolt on route.
    Last edited by JuklearWinter; 05-13-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo noob View Post
    I say 200 whp!
    I'm 200 with just a tune (Mustang awd dyno said 175).

Quote Originally Posted by 14RSINLI View Post
    Like the man says, us Gen2 guys are limited as the manifold/turbo/egr/downpipe are one (ONE) unit. There is no boost controller (well, there will be) for us. No anything. Dang you Nissan for making things better and worse at the same time.
    Also, we are not sure about the Gen2 CVT power threshold. All 'tests and dynos' are on Gen1, they revamped the Gen2 so who knows. Perhaps Julklear can hit 300whp easy and the CVT laughs all day long... fingers crossed.
    2016 SL AWD Pearl white. Colour matched spoiler, rubber ducky, fuzzy dice, arm rest, sometimes a roof rack.
    Gen2 Visconti Tune, 2Jr pulley, 2Jr SRI
    2Jr midpipe installation coming soon (stupid seized nuts). Hidden Content
    Eibach pro-kit spring install SOON
    Custom black FMIC create/install sooner rather than later

Gen2 boost controller/gauge/f'erupper still in the works (if you don't know it find it or go away)

I guess where there is a will and a dollar there is a way. Good luck to you sir. God speed.
    And may the gains be grand.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)