Interest in Gen 2 dyno pulls? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Gen 2 dyno pulls?

Here here, and godspeed unto...thee, heretofore Will be neat to see what happens when you throw some super efficient boost into the higher compression motor with the polished cams and stuff the V2 sports. You're completely right, its ludicrous, but I also bought this car on my lunch break and married my wife at a music festival two months after we met (at work), so bidniss as usual on my end lmao. Your headlight build is what sealed the deal for me too. Retros and rear BBKs are next up I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 14RSINLI View Post
    I guess where there is a will and a dollar there is a way. Good luck to you sir. God speed.
    And may the gains be grand.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

You need a dyno before and after if you can. Then you know what the build does and what you had. Dynos are a tool. Might as well use it.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

BBK kit? What about the TCE kit you have?
    2014 RS MT 270 whp, 325wtq @ 26psi
    13 Custom Headlights w/ Demon Eyes - 2JR Uprev Tune, Mamba TD04-19T TURBO, Walbro 340lph fuel pump, 2JR downpipe, Injen Midpipe, 2JR Catback, Injen SRI, Injen upper hard pipes, Urethane upper/lower torque mounts, RS-R Springs, Mishimoto IC, 2JR lightweight pulley, GFB DV, Impul rain guards, DRL foglight stalk swap, weather-tech mats, catch cans, boost gauge, Impul style cf double-wing, FWD Sway Bar, Strut Bar
    FUTURE MODS: Custom Gators, MBRO Tails

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Wanna do something in the rears eventually. That space looks so open. The TCE kit is amazing and has possibly saved my life (definitely my car) on one or more occasion. That's why its literally one of the last things on the list, if I ever get to it al all.

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Hey Juklear, I know that you got the Ecutek tune and was wondering if it is worth the $700
    On Visconti's web site it states that stock was 175 whp and after tune was 190 whp, only 15 whp gain?

I realize this sounds a little hypocritical, given I am about to throw away my Visconti tune, but it is absolutely worth the money. I can provide proof soon of what a decently modified Gen 2 can produce with a tune and all bolt-ons. Everyone in Amarillo has an EcoBoost F150 and V6 Challengers. I can get about a car length on either one of those @60-75mph with current mods. Just for reference. Remember these are not laboratory results, just anecdotal.

Spend the money AFTER you've done some basic mods so it will actually take advantage of them. John's graph is probably about right, but that was on an otherwise stock car. I strongly recommend (at least my experience indicates) that you go a step colder on your plugs- anyone have a sciency reason why this is? I went almost a year post-tune before doing this and it was like a whole different car. Hope that helps!

Feel free to message me on IG (same username) if you wanna chat offline a little bit. The Gen 2 can be an animal, and I think most will be pleasantly surprised once we can put some data behind it soon.

Thank you Juklear, i basically have the same bolt ons as you do so was thinking about Ecutek or Uprev.
    Good luck on the new set up and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by PETERRABBIT View Post
    Thank you Juklear, i basically have the same bolt ons as you do so was thinking about Ecutek or Uprev.
    Good luck on the new set up and keep us posted!
    If you have a Gen2 you are not getting an uprev tune. Visconti is the only Gen2 tuner right now. As a customer... I agree with Juklear that bang for the buck it's amazing. Now, remember, he is at sea level on a dynojet so your results may vary. My tune shows me at 175(ish) on a mustang dyno which read lower than dynojet so I'm about 200whp. My altitude is also really high so yada yada. If you have a CVT your wtq readings will be really crazy but who cares, WAY more torque than stock no matter what a wacky dyno says.
    Cost me just south of $1000 canadian for the tune but totally worth it, I can break traction on all 4 tires if I give it hard in anything but dry road conditions.
    Happy customer over all!
    2016 SL AWD Pearl white. Colour matched spoiler, rubber ducky, fuzzy dice, arm rest, sometimes a roof rack.
    Gen2 Visconti Tune, 2Jr pulley, 2Jr SRI
    2Jr midpipe installation coming soon (stupid seized nuts). Hidden Content
    Eibach pro-kit spring install SOON
    Custom black FMIC create/install sooner rather than later

Gen2 boost controller/gauge/f'erupper still in the works (if you don't know it find it or go away)

Thats right, I've been following your build- I knew that. You'll be so glad ya did the tune. Don't expect a personal much with your interactions with John, but the dude can tune a car, and it's been proven safe, reliable, and holds up to the claim of 14-16psi (depending on elevation, oddly). The whp graph doesn't look that impressive but consider that torque curve, the bottom end is insane, and that was a completely stock Juke he dyno'd. I know SlumberBunny has also gotten his Gen2 tuned via Ecutek so maybe he can chime in. Also bear in mind that UpRev does not currently support the Gen 2, unless something has changed real recently.

My car doesn't need to be any faster, it is amazing as-is...I'm just an idiot on a mission. You can build a little monster without much more on top of what you've got than the tune.
    Last edited by JuklearWinter; 05-15-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks for all your advice guys, and yeah i forgot that Uprev is only for the Gen 1. Every time I go to 2JR site I get excited when I see the Uprev and then realize its only for gen1.
    Anyway I live in NJ and I think he is in CT? so maybe do a dyno tune instead of remote tune.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)