2017 transmission failure
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 transmission failure

2017 transmission failure

So there I was driving down the freeway and the front wheeels started locking up just like ABS was engaging. Take it the dealer and they concur. Just waiting to get her back now so I can get rid of it. This is the 3rd failure that I consider major. I think I just got a bad car out of the lot. Yard sale soon to be posted.
    2014 SL - sold
    2017 Nismo Custom intercooler and pipes, injen exhaust, CAI, strut bar, sway bar, dynamat everywhere, head liner fabric, pulley, catch can, aero force gauges, carbon fiber steering wheel, tow hitch, Diode Dynamic low beams, tuned, japspeed radiator, skid plate, willwood brakes, stainless steel brake lines, 25mm spacers, hydrodip inisde trim, carbon fiber trim outside, and Yakima track roof rack system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Sludge, pay attention! Don't sleep on the intercooler here. You go'need that.
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

cde
    Still under warranty I hope.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

This is my fear and why I feel I need to add the trans cooler. Even if just for piece of mind. Sorry to hear keoke526. And this is why when I bought it used I got the top tier warranty. Electronics, CVT, and turbo failure. Any of those alone covers the warranty cost I paid. I hope they get on it quick for you.

You ditching the Juke?
    2011 Juke SL (bought used on 11/2016 w/35k+ miles)
    Gun Metal, leather w/red stitching. Mods: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , window visors, top rear spoiler, Hidden Content , headlight inserts, Lock buckle covers, door handle/door cup inserts, smoked LED high brake light, smoked LED fender signals, Injen SRI, Tail light covers, Injen 2nd cat delete, Injen cat-back exhaust
    continuing on...
    Soon: CF door protectors, 2J lightweight pulley, FR's trans cooler & turbo oil line

Ditching the Juke is going to happen. Been looking at trucks and other off road vehicles. Right now I like the Renegade Trailhawk. It serves my need for hunting, plus autocross has gotten old. Already started thinking of what parts to pull trade before she goes away. Still under for 10k more miles so I might just have it for a few months.
    2014 SL - sold
    2017 Nismo Custom intercooler and pipes, injen exhaust, CAI, strut bar, sway bar, dynamat everywhere, head liner fabric, pulley, catch can, aero force gauges, carbon fiber steering wheel, tow hitch, Diode Dynamic low beams, tuned, japspeed radiator, skid plate, willwood brakes, stainless steel brake lines, 25mm spacers, hydrodip inisde trim, carbon fiber trim outside, and Yakima track roof rack system.

Lemon law just took effect.
    UpRev custom tune done by PSI Profomance in Lansdale, Pa., Hallman MBC, TUI 2.5" Catback Exhaust, GTM IC hard pipes, R2J racing pulley, Injen cai w/ hydroshield, turbo auxiliary tube, Synapse diverter valve, factory mud flaps, vent visors, factory spoiler, custom center console, grill guards, tinted front door glass, rear cargo cover & body side moldings.

WOW that sucks
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

All good, repaired under warranty. The dealership in SD has been awesome. They think I received counterfeit fluid is there best guess because of the color changes from draining and then settling. Not sure what to the think, but the car drives like a champ. To bad because I bought the Renegade already, so parts are going up for sale.
    2014 SL - sold

Something similar just happened to me too. 2016 Nismo CVT with 40k miles. All of the sudden it starts rough shifting and stalling. Took it and they had to replace the transmission. Guy at the dealership said that these transmission aren't really made for paddle shifters and to stay away from them, but honestly I don't really think he knew too much about it.

Blaming the failure on paddle shifting. Nope.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)