Official Sludgekeointer Gen2 boost-f-er-upper controller build thread.
  1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums – General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sludgekeointer Gen2 boost-f-er-upper controller build thread.

Official Sludgekeointer Gen2 boost-f-er-upper controller build thread.

Let me start by saying thanks to all of you that have supported or been intruiged by my wacky idea.
    For those that don't know, a while back... way back I thought after learning the Gen2 motors are crap as far as mods can go (ie: wastegate springs (solenoid controlled), MBC (not an option, solenoid controlled), etc etc) that I could somehow like I used to do back in the day on cruddy VW 1.8l motors fool the ECU using simple resistors and stuff. Well, the Gen2 Juke ECU is a pretty smart cookie. I think I'm smarter. I hope. Probably not, but we'll see.

I could in all honesty just use 3 tiny little resistors in between the boost pressure sensor wire and simply drop the voltage by 1, 2, 3++++ PSI but what's the fun in that. So I decided I am making a controller. A microcontroller here, a few wires there, a LOT of programming and bench testing and what have I come up with...

After buying a pressure pump (6 months ago?) I could finally get some actual voltage readings from the BPS (boost pressure sensor) and that got me all gitty. Next step was to analyze (anal eyes? Eww) all the data and what did I come up with? A totally linear EXACT number per PSI of boost that the BPS spits out. In addition to datalogging after my Ecutek tune all my findings were confirmed but I could not stop there...

Thanks to Keoke and Juklear for some kind R&D fundage I was able to obtain an exact Gen2 BPS so that I don't have to rip mine out of the car ever time I want to do something. Why does this matter? Well, I can spend way more time huddled in a tiny little dungeon working on my creation to make sure that every piece of info the BPS sends out I can read, translate and send back to the ECU like I was never there.

There are also, to date, 4 failsafes that I am putting in to this unit. You don't need to know them but if ANYTHING goes crack, snap, sizzle, burp, fart or boink with a connecter or unit itself system reverts right back to 'normal' (whatever normal is for you, stock, tuned whatever - my shizzle does not exist at that point). With only 3 simple resistors the system would be in a solid state (I mean, it is what it is, 2PSI we shall say) my gadget has 3 modes (hell, I'll do more if required) 1: Gauge only 2: Boost1 3:Boost2 you get it...

Beauty part to, is I got (again, like 6 months ago) all the parts needed to create the harness to go between connector and sensor so you don't even have to cut a single factory wire. God, I love me.
    I will be posting pictures soon as I got my BPS yesterday in the mail and have just started playing with it and um, yup, numbers are bang on.... IT BEGINS!!!! (continues actually as it's already started).

Oh, and I hopefully have a hookup for some gauge housings (not pods, housings so this will fit in to a standard 2" pod as a single unit). Tee-hee.
    2016 SL AWD Pearl white. Colour matched spoiler, rubber ducky, fuzzy dice, arm rest, sometimes a roof rack.
    Gen2 Visconti Tune, 2Jr pulley, 2Jr SRI
    2Jr midpipe installation coming soon (stupid seized nuts). Hidden Content
    Eibach pro-kit spring install SOON
    Custom black FMIC create/install sooner rather than later

Gen2 boost controller/gauge/f'erupper still in the works (if you don't know it find it or go away)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

It's been a lot of fun watching your progress with this innovation. Also, the name? Perfection. Triple vowels don't F around. Do us proud, Sludge!
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

Hopefully this is like Kickstarter and I get the early backer benefits.
    2014 SL - sold
    2017 Nismo Custom intercooler and pipes, injen exhaust, CAI, strut bar, sway bar, dynamat everywhere, head liner fabric, pulley, catch can, aero force gauges, carbon fiber steering wheel, tow hitch, Diode Dynamic low beams, tuned, japspeed radiator, skid plate, willwood brakes, stainless steel brake lines, 25mm spacers, hydrodip inisde trim, carbon fiber trim outside, and Yakima track roof rack system.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

So it can only do 2 psi total ?
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

I think Sludge alluded to around 4PSI being the theoretical max gain in another thread. But hell, I'd be happy with 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    So it can only do 2 psi total ?
    2015 Juke SL FWD CVT: ​Orange Splish Splash Edition

Performance: 2J Pulley, 2J Exhaust, 2J Midpipe, AEM Intake, Visconti Custom Tune, Manny Mounts

Handling: Eibach Pro Springs, Spoon Rigid Collars, Vordoven Forme 9 18x8.5 Wheels

Appearance: Color Studio Trim, Remin Carbon Fiber Dash Kit (don't buy one), custom painted grille, Redline Goods Wheel Wrap, Dash Topper Suede Mat, MW Bros Custom Seat Covers

Misc: Innovate AFR/Boost Gauge, Injen X-Pedal Pro

In theory, I could bring it up to MAX 28PSI as that is what 5v out from the sensor would equal. My 2psi example was if I was only using simple resistors which would have ONLY a fixed output - no changes available or anything, my 'controller' can be fixed or 2 preset PSI gain levels. If Juklear wanted to add 10PSI I would make the unit GaugeOnly,5PSI,10PSI but that is also liability that I would not take so it would be totally on the user/person. This unit ONLY fools the ECU for boost level and does not monitor anything else like AFR so I would think anything over 5PSI would most likely need some kind of a tune adjustment but who knows yet
    2016 SL AWD Pearl white. Colour matched spoiler, rubber ducky, fuzzy dice, arm rest, sometimes a roof rack.

Gen2 boost controller/gauge/f'erupper still in the works (if you don't know it find it or go away)

This is the display I will be using, it's an amazing 1.3" so it fits perfectly in a gauge housing.

My first prototype was built using this board, it's still small but really large by comparison

I have been using this unit which is much smaller but the processing power isn't the best...

This little guy, is the one I really want to use. It's really small, SUPER powerful but it doesn't deal with 5v signals damnit so I may have to jiggy some stuff if I do use it, don't know.

Couple of prototype display shots (not the screen I will be using, this is a bigger 1.8" lcd not oled

The two gauge shots are 'gauge only' mode examples that 22 could be 30 if we wanted, s'all good.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Swiftab; 09-30-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Pe

Thats Awesome !!!

I would think once you have a Visconti tune to lets say 15psi. You could prolly run maybe 3 or 4 more psi.
    2014 Silver 6spd RS 285whp 255wtq 21PSI
    Tint SunStrip. Cargo Cvr. DRL Mod. HID Hdlites, Ultratech Race Brace Pkg, Koenig whls&20mm spcrs
    LED:Gator, Backup, Dome, License, SideMrk, Cstm Hatch. Pinstriping. Weathertek's,
    Lited Scufs, Accent Liting, Turbonoob mounts. Uprev Tune. Boost gage, 2J DP & Pulley, Mamba Turbo, RHW FMIC
    Injen IC pipes,CAI, Midpipe,Stillen Exhst, TS BOV & Wastegate, IRZ Stut Brce, Maxbore TBody

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Thats Awesome !!!

I would think once you have a Visconti tune to lets say 15psi. You could prolly run maybe 3 or 4 more psi.
    By my calcs, my tune is 18.5+PSI based on pressure sensor voltage & bar (map,ap,boost) readings. 18.5! I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by keoke526 View Post
    Hopefully this is like Kickstarter and I get the early backer benefits.
    See what I can work out for ya Honestly still have like a day or two or three of figuring out wtf this thing will actually cost me to build (like, zero markup, what it costs) between parts and parts and parts more parts, pieces, parts, fabricating (not even counting my labour, and ya, I'm not cheap )… I figure a gauge unit will cost between $1 and $25,000 (Canadian, so it's cheaper for you 'mercans).

13. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)