Ground clearance?

1. Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums General discussion forum for Nissan Juke

Welcome to Nissan Juke : Juke Forums - a website dedicated to all things Nissan Juke.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Nissan Juke : Juke Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground clearance?

Ground clearance?

Does anybody know what the ground clearance will be on the Juke? I couldn't find this information online when searching.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Same with the towing capacity, I assume that the ground clearance for the Juke will be similar to the Nissan Rogue.

I think it may have a lower ground clearance than the Rogue. The Juke is smaller than the Rogue, so my thoughts are that it will be slightly closer to the ground. I don't think Nissan is building the Juke for off-roading, but for a bit of a higher ride...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet5 View Post
    I think it may have a lower ground clearance than the Rogue. The Juke is smaller than the Rogue, so my thoughts are that it will be slightly closer to the ground. I don't think Nissan is building the Juke for off-roading, but for a bit of a higher ride...
    Hopefully we'll get some hard numbers, soon. I think you're correct about the off-roading bit, I'm sure the Juke is meant primarily as a city cruiser with 'command seating' or whatever they are calling it, and decent interior space for the vehicle size. I just wanted to make sure it would have enough clearance to avoid scraping in the horrid road system built in San Antonio.

Some of the streets in Toronto aren't the greatest either. I currently drive a lowered car and it's doing okay so far... I just have to be careful entering and exiting some driveways and such, but I would hope that the Nissan Juke would have greater ground clearance than a lowered car. I think it will be okay though - just steer away from the potholes, if you can

Lower clearance is my best guess, though I think stock it would still not give you trouble with potholes.
    So a two guys walk into a bar... second guy shoulda known better.

All I have seen makes refrence to the ground clearance being "Generous" with big 17" wheels.

Since this is going to be a crossover utility vehicle. Expect some ample ground clearance for this bad boy. Add to what Barbosa said about 17" wheels and you've got something that can hop curbs if you need to. Don't expect something for off-roading though.

Doing a little more reasearch on this it looks like crossovers like this take the true sport out of sport utility. More urban assualt then offroad so you wont have trouble driving up and onto things to find parking as long as the terrain is concrete and asphalt.
    So a two guys walk into a bar... second guy shoulda known better.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJuke View Post
    Doing a little more reasearch on this it looks like crossovers like this take the true sport out of sport utility. More urban assualt then offroad so you wont have trouble driving up and onto things to find parking as long as the terrain is concrete and asphalt.

Yup. Only a few current sport utility vehicles are still actually capable of going off road. As the years progress they're starting to trade more luxury in exchange of off-road driving capability.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Juke Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.